Chapter 1

"Come on we are going to be late!" Melissa yelled to the redhead who was checking herself out in the mirror for the hundred time. "How are we going to be late, when we are the only ones going?" "Well I don't want a bad table now lets go!" Mel said as she grabbed Reba's hand an lead her out the door.

************At The Bar**************

"Oooo look at him!" Mel practically screamed over the music "Your married!" "I didn't mean for me duh, I meant for you, come on you need to get back out there." "Yeah your right but after what happened with Tom I don't know if I want to." Reba said as they found a table in the back. "Oh come on you can't just give up that was your first boyfriend in what like 28 years, of course it didn't work out." "Well thanks" " I mean of course it didn't work out because you can't just go out with one guy and assume that you guys are meant for each other, life just doesn't happen like that" Mel says as Red recalls the end of her last relationship.

*************Flashback*************

"Tom we need to talk." Reba says as she opens her door to let him in. "Okay anything you want to talk about hun" he said giving her a kiss on the cheek and walking into her home. Reba closed her eyes knowing this was going to be one of the hardest things she has ever had to do. They both sat by each other on the bars stools in the kitchen.

   After a minute of awkward silence Tom said " Is everything okay with you, you seem alittle on edge?" "Actually there is something serious that we should discuss" She stated timidly. He stayed quiet waiting for her to continue he didn't have a good feeling about this. After thinking for a minute Reba stated "Do you see a future in us?" But before he answered she continued "Because I think you don't want a actual relationship, I think that you like to be alone and I don't want to be with someone who thinks of me as time to kill we have been together almost 4 months and you have yet to say I love you! It's killin me because I do love you and I'm not about to get hurt again!"

  Tom stayed quiet for a moment but then said "How could you think I think of you as time to kill? You are one of the most important thing in my life! Yes I used to like being alone but that was before I met you! I have never felt this way about ANYONE!" By now both of them were crying but the only that Reba said was " I don't want to be one of the most important things in you life I want to be the MOST important thing in your life and I bet if i asked you what was above me you would say photography! I don't want that! I've had that!" Reba took a minute to control her sobs before saying just above a whisper " We can't have a future because I know you don't see it, but as much as it kills me I can't be in another loveless relationship." Tom just stared at her for a few minutes his eyes filled with tears before getting up and walking out of her house, out of her life forever.

***********End Of Flashback********
"I guess your right." Reba said annoyed "You know it!" Melissa said happily. They enjoyed there drinks and caught up on each others lives. "That guy over there gas been staring at you for like 20 minutes." Mel said pointing over to to the guy across the bar. "What guy, I'm sure he is just a fan." stated Reba unamused. But when she turned around she realized what Melissa was talking he about he wasn't just staring at her, he was checking her out. Reba smiled at him and he returned it only bigger.

  They decided to head out on the dance floor when Reba turned around she bumped into someone "Oh my I am so sorry!" Reba said apologetically. "No, no it's my fault." He said with a slight smile. When she looked up she saw it was the man that was looking at her earlier, she immediately blushed looking down "I'm Skeeter by the way." He said still with a smile on his face. "Well hi Skeeter I'm Reba." Reba said also smiling "Well Reba could I get you something to drink." Reba looked at her watch and then to Mel who was doing something like the sprinkler and realized that she should probaby get her home. "I would really like that but I should get her home. Reba said pointing to Mel and laughing causing Skeeter to laugh as well. "I totally understand but could I maybe get your number and we meet up for coffee sometime?" He asked nervous. She smiled at his nervousness and said "Of course that would be really great!"

  After they exchanged numbers, Reba got Melissa and left. She figured that she would wait and tell Mel about this in the morning when she sobered up some. When Reba got into bed that night she felt something she hasn't felt in a long time, she felt happiness.

(This is my first fanfic so please be kind depending on the reaction I get will depend on when I update:)