"Shut up you baka!" I grumbled, pushing past people in the hall "Its downright embarrassing."

"Ah but daddy loves his little Maka," Soul cooed pinching my cheek lightly.

I slapped his hand away and death glared him.

"Don't make me Maka Chop you," I warned.

After that comment Soul stayed quite. As we entered Lord Deaths office, we were greeted by my over excited papa. He was such a moron.

"How's my Maka doing?" my father questioned, looking like he was close to bursting into over exaggerated tears "are you sure you should be at school today? Maybe you should go home and rest more where its safe."

"Death scythe please control yourself," Lord Death sighed, motioning at my father for him to get out of the way.

After my papa had calmed down and obediently stood next to Lord Death, Lord Death started to get down to business.

"There has been rumours circulating that there was a strange influence of madness in a far off town towards the East," Lord Death began to inform us.

I felt a large lump rise in my throat like when you try to dry swallow pills. My stomach was twisting in uncomfortable ways and I felt light headed. What the hell had come over me?! I was getting weaker, I just knew it. Why was I so afraid? My hands were shaking I clenched them together and stared at Lord Death.

"Seeing as your health has improved, we had thought it would be best if you and Soul could take on this mission Maka," Lord Death said, the questioning tone clear in his voice.

He was giving me the chance to back out if I wanted to. I didn't have to do this, but I knew I had to. I didn't want someone else to take this on and get hurt. Then again, I was utterly terrified about the whole ordeal. I knew the kishin or witch, whatever was causing the madness, wouldn't be as awful as Asura, yet I was still so scared I was close to tears.

I glanced at Soul briefly who was already staring at me before facing Lord Death again.

"We'll do it," I told him, forcing my voice to sound stronger than I actually was at the moment.

All I wanted was to crawl into bed and pretend everything was ok but that was defiantly not an option. The problem may not of been on Asuara's level but it was still serious. People could get badly hurt because of this and it needed to stop now. I had already experienced it first hand. No one else needed to be put through that nightmarish experience.

By the time we had left the main office, it was already lunch.

"Are you sure about this?" Soul questioned me as we made our way towards our group of friends.

"Of course I am," I smiled, feeling sick of never telling anyone what I was truly feeling.

"You know you can tell me whats wrong Maka," Soul said, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his pants.

"Yeah I know," I sighed, keeping my gaze on the floor "I'm just worried thats all."

Soul nodded and seemed like he was agreeing with me. It helped the weight on my chest lighten a little to know someone else was worried too.

"And Soul I-," I started to say before I was cut off by the king of idiots.

"I, Black Star, your god, has important news!" Black star shouted, running over to us from the other end of the classroom we were currently sitting in.

He gave Soul a quick high five before smiling goofily at me. His blue spiked hair seemed to be a brighter colour today if that was even possible. Perhaps I was somehow extremely sleep deprived and was starting to see things.

"Tsubaki and I are leaving for the mission next period yahoo!" Black Star boomed, following it up with a loud burst of laughter.

"We were planning on leaving tonight but Black Star wants to get to the town as soon as possible," Tsubaki added, joining the little circle we had made.

I wondered where Kid, Liz and Patty were but didn't spend too much time thinking about it.There was a large possibility Kid was re-adjusting a painting in his house because it was twenty centres meters to the right. I truly did worry about that boy sometimes.

"So Maka," Tsubaki grinned, waves of happiness flowing off of her "what did Lord Death want from you earlier?"

"Soul and I are actually going on a mission too," I replied, having an actual smile on my face "which reminds me, when do you want to leave Soul?"

"Any times cool with me," Soul yawned lazily, leaning against the wall and continuing his seemingly useless conversation with BlackStar.

"So I guess we'll go later on tonight," I grumbled, agitated by Souls lack of specific's or care.

Tsubaki chuckled at my annoyance.

"Don't get hurt ok Maka," Tsubaki said.

"Same goes for you two," I replied, motioning between her and Black Star.

<><><><><><><>

"You ready to go Maka?" Soul yelled from outside.

"I'm coming, just wait a second would you?" I shouted back, trying to put my precious items away as quickly as possible.

I knew for a fact that while we would be gone, Blair would be getting up to no good with people and parties. I also didn't trust Blair being in my room by herself. She would snoop around and go looking through my things, which is certainly not what I needed.

I stuffed my journal and a picture of my mother under my bed and rushed out of my room.

"Ok, I'm done lets get going," I said, running out the front door and locking it behind me.

Soul started his bike and waited for me to hop on. Flinging my leg over the side of it, I seated myself and made sure I was comfortable. My arms wrapped around Souls torso like always and we headed to the outside of Death City.

I just hoped I would be brave enough to face whatever was waiting for me.

(Ta-da it sucks aye but I'll update again later this week I guess. I suppose I could start putting up chapters of a new one ?)