"Peyton!" Christian, Eric and Corey greeted her with familiar smiles as they passed by the room. Her shoulders seemed to relax; I didn't even realize how nervous she must feel seeing new faces. I cursed myself for being inconsiderate. With a flick of his wrist and a few words they left the room un business terms.

 Stepping forward to reclaim my mate from the hands of my father, a hand brushed against my arm. "Mine dad, not yours" I teased from across the room. Dad snorted and sat back down.

I looked down and saw Angel giving me a flirtatious smile. I cringed and repulsed my arm from her reach. A disapproving sound came from her evil mouth, but she didn't react. Not with my dad in the room. At times like this I was glad my old man was around. I was glad she sat the farthest away from the group.

"Soren, don't just stand there. You're leaving a beautiful lady waiting"

Dad motioned me over to the sofa Peyton and mother was sitting on. Mom shook her head bitterly when she saw Angel's gestures. The she-wolves that were there before now stood behind with curious eyes at my mate. Peyton looked extremely uncomfortable and when she sent me a pleading glance, I couldn't help but grin.

I took the spot between Peyton and mother, situating myself back lazily like this were a casual family meeting. I rested my head on my elbow behind Peyton and ran my hand down her back hoping it would make her feel better.

Mom chuckled from my other side. "Soren, you are so much like your father" That earned a groan from both me and my old man.

"So, my dear, what do you think of the place?" Dad asked Peyton. Everyone silenced waiting for her to answer.

Her back straightened and she replied with a confident expression, "Your place is very exquisite Alpha Jeremy. It may not be exactly like my pack house but, I think I'll feel at home here" She finished with a smile.

That's my girl.

My parents shared a knowing look and each face in the room brightened with a small smile. Everyone was beginning to like her—except for the wench in the back of the room. Angel left while everyone wasn't paying attention.

"That's good to hear" Mom reached out around me to give her a light hug. "Let's celebrate your arrival with a buffet. Dinner will be extra scrumptious tonight!" Claps and cheers erupted as everyone rushed towards our large dining room.

Peyton's eyes widened as she watched the stampede of hungry werewolves exit the room.

Dad laughed at her expression. "Sometimes I feel like this house houses black holes."

"Why is that?" Peyton asked without haste.

"Anything lost can never be found, my kitchen is always empty and my people eat like dogs—pun intended."

As soon as we got situated around the massive dining room, everyone sat in their usual spots. The room was built like a massive ball room with dozens of round tables; one large on in the middle for the Alpha, his family and important quests.

"Christian put your phone away." Dad yelled. Christian's head jolted up right and looked around left to right utterly confused.

"Uncle Jer, I'm not texting honestly" He said showing us his bare arms. My cousin is so dumb sometimes.

My dad maybe a dork when he pretends to be, but he hates when we use our cellphones around him because he doesn't know how to use one.

"I know when you're texting. Seriously, no one just looks down at their crotch and smiles" Peyton coughed; assuming to hide her laughter, but I didn't. I burst out laughing until my sides hurt. Embarrassed, Christian bangs his head on the table and groans.