Chapter 4 - The Beautiful Queen

It had been three days since the Selection Ceremony and Jivard was still living alone in their house. He had been coming to the Lemongrass End to look for his foods. He could not cook petals so he needed to gather ready-to-eat fruits. So far, the danger was not meeting him.

"Jivard!!!" Bogorn shouted. Jivard was inside their house, lying on his bed. Bogorn just enter the house and excitedly went at Jivard.

"What is it?"

"The Queen!"

"What about the Queen?"

"Queen Nivelra!"

"Yes, that's her name."

"No. I mean, yes. No. Whatever! She's coming to visit our village!"

"So?"

"So? So Her Higness is, of course, bringing her servant. We're gonna see your Mother!"

Jivard stood up as if hearing the word 'Mother' gave her life and energy. "When is she going to visit?"

"Now."

"Now?"

"Yeah. At this time she was about to take a stroll around."

Jivard took no moment to pause. He left their house and went to the road. Bogorn followed him, tried chasing him as he also chased his breath.

The entrance of the Campallore Village was at the upper part of the river. Queen Nivelra already walked in. All the fervees were at the roadside with their knees on the ground and head all down. No fervee was allowed to look at the face of the Queen when she visits.

Jivard and Bogorn materialized on the roadside, with their head full of dirts and crushed leaves. Bogorn patted off all the dirt from his head and then helped Jivard. The Queen was ten steps away from where they were standing. Bogorn was quick enough to kneel and bow his head down. Jivard never noticed the Queen nearing. He looked at the road and he met the eyes of the most beautiful fervee he had ever seen.

The soldier fervees grabbed Jivard's arms and pushed him to kneel.

"Stop!" The Queen bellowed. "Stand up, fervee." She drew next to Jivard and walked around him as if checking his looks. Jivard was taller than the queen and the soldiers, so he had to look down to see their faces.

The Queen didn't say anything, she looked at her soldiers and said, "Leave him. Let's continue walking."

Jivard was confused but he didn't say anything. He actually held his breath when the Queen circled at him. Bogorn stood up and asked if he's okay. He felt his knees weakening. "I thought it was my end."