Chapter Thirty Nine

Once they arrive back to Hogwarts, their own time, Alice is immediately informed of her best friend's condition. Teddy is back in the hospital wing.

But this time they've figured out the problem. It is the same condition his father— Remus Lupin— had. It only really affected the man once a month, but when it did, it was terrible.

"A werewolf," Teddy muses. "Imagine that. Me, a werewolf. It's... wow. I don't know what to say."

"It's bad," Alice says, putting her elbows against her knees anxiously. Teddy is still in the bed healing from his last monthly transformation. "Are you alright?"

He lifts his arm and then drops it back onto the bed. "Fantastic," he says. Alice is unsure if he is being sarcastic or not. He turns his head on the pillow, eyes meeting hers. "I heard you had quite an interesting start to your fourth year."

Alice sighs, putting her hand on her forehead. "It was exhausting. I'd rather not talk about it right now. Can we talk about something else?"

"Sure," Teddy sighs. "How about... O.L.W.'s?" Alice gasps, completely forgetting about Teddy taking his exams last year and getting his scores this summer.

"How did you do?" She pries.

"Really, really..." He pauses for effect. "Great!" He answers. "Well, except for Care of the Magical Creatures. More your thing than mine. But I still passed. I think."

"That's great, Teddy!" She exclaims, and then she hugs him right on the spot. He hugs back, shocked at the affection.

"Um, yes," he says. She pulls away from him. "So, how are things with Scorpius Malfoy?"

Alice raises her eyebrows, sitting back down in the chair. "What?"

Teddy laughs. "You jump off the Hogwarts Express with Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy, And you think I won't hear about it."

Alice sighs. "Well, get comfortable. It's a long story."