Scan

The room smelt of antiseptic and baby wipes. There was this some kind of machine next to me with a screen on it. The space around me had a square shape and was rather claustrophobic. I heard a knock at the door.
'Come in!' I yelled loud enough for the person to hear.
The door slightly opened and Addison's head peered in.
'Hey.' He greeted.
'Hi.' I huffed.
'Can I come in? I kinda want to be here for this, y'know?'
'Fine. Come in.' I crossed my arms.
He crept in by the wall and gently closed the door. He grabbed a stool by him and placed it behind my head. I heard him sit down on the creaky stool.
Then, minutes of silence. My heart skipped a beat as I felt his hand rest on my head. I wanted to tell him to stop. But I couldn't. He coiled his fingers in my blonde strands of hair, gently ruffling my skull. A nurse came in and he quickly took his hand away.
'Hello' her high pitched voice annoyed the crap out of me.
'Hey' I said sweetly. Trying to be nice.
'Right let's see here.' She sat down on the chair by the machinery and gestured to take my top off my stomach. I hesitated. My fingertips tugged at my shirt and I pulled it off. God, my stomach had gotten bigger. I'm only 11 weeks on and I've changed. 
She handed me this gel. Of course, the classic gel. I smeared it over my stomach then jumped as Addison squeezed my shoulder.
The nurse put the wired remote thingy on my abdomen and looked at the fetus. I saw it. I mean, I saw it. It was small and looked kind of alien-like. I saw the head. Then, a smile came across my face. My eyes filled with tears. This massive wave of happiness came over me. Why was I so happy? I hadn't known why but I was. My hand searched for Addie's on my shoulder. I found his hand and gripped it hard. I stared up at him and laughed. 

'Look!' I giggled. Pointing at the screen.

'Yeah, I see it.' he laughed too. He pulled my head towards him and kissed my temple, slithering his smooth fingers through my mane. My hands hesitated to pull him close and kiss him. But I stopped them and kept them under control. I couldn't kiss him. We're too different. But then again, we did make this 'miracle'.