“Hey, I want a hug! You gave everybody else besides Geoffery and I a hug,” Rudy complained.

“Alright,” I giggled, “Geoffery first!”

“Aw...Why am I always last?” Rudy whined. I giggled again while hugging Geoffery. I let go of Geoffery, and started hugging Rudy.

I whisper in his ear, “Gotta save the best for last, don’t you know?”

“Oh, why thank you!” he said, while giving the rest a smug look.

“There. Is everybody happy now?” Everyone nodded. “Good! Now, who’s gonna cut the cake?”

“I will!” called Matt. He raced over to the cake. Seeing as how no one had a problem with him cutting the cake, he took the knife and cut into my birthday cake. He gave me the largest, him the second largest, Evan the third, Morris the fourth, Cornelia the fifth, Geoffery the sixth and Rudy got the smallest one.

“Hey, wait a minute here!” Rudy yelled.

“What?” Matt asked innocently.

“How come I get the smallest piece?”

“If you don’t like it, then give it back.”

“My cake.” Rudy grabbed his plate with the cake on it protectively. I looked at my cake, and it was composed of chocolate icing, with a chocolate base, with chocolate chips in it.

I gasped at the sight of it. I took a bite, and my eyes widened. “Oh. My Gosh! I love chocolate! It tastes so delicious!” I kept taking bites, while everybody giggled and chuckled at my reaction.

Once we were all done with cake, Evan asked me, “Want to open presents now?”

“Sure!” I answered. This day just keeps getting better and better!

Evan handed me the first two presents. Both were from Matt. I opened the first one. It was some candy. The second one was my favorite board game as a little kid that I haven’t played in, like, forever! I squealed. It. Was. Monopoly: Here and Now. “Thank you so much, Matt!”

“You’re welcome, Kristi,” he responded.

The next four presents were from Morris. First one was an eight-pack of guns with a gun belt. Second: A pocketknife. Third: A metal stake. Fourth: A ton of ammo. I guess he senses I’m going to need to stand up for myself when no one else is around...?

Next three presents were from Rudy. First: A camera. Second: A big sketch pad, attached to a pack of sharpies. Third: Gloves, a hat, and a purse--Except they were all decorated with the football team in this state (which I don’t like). “Rudy, I like the camera. I like the sharpies. I like the sketch pad. But I hate this team.”

“It was a gag gift. You don’t have to keep it, if you don’t want to, I guess,” Rudy explained. I shoved the wrong team stuff in his arms.

“Okay, I won’t.” I smiled.

Next few gifts were from Cornelia. First: A CD player attached to two CD’s. Next: A new set of all cooking ware. “Oh my gosh! I always wanted my own cooking ware! Thank you, Cornelia,” I exclaimed.

“You’re welcome!” she replied.

I took the last three presents off the table to find the very last present: A. Flat-freaking-screen. TV. These last four presents were from Geoffery. I gasped with all my heart put into it (for dramatic effect). My eyes widened. “Come on Kristi. Stop staring at the TV, and open the last of the presents!” Geoffery hurried me.

I open one, and it was a cable box. Sweet. Second: A DVD player. Now I just need some DVDs to go with it. I open the last one, and there they were: Some DVDs. Ha, that’s funny. It was pretty obvious, I guess. “Thank you so much, Geoffery. I just barely met you guys today, and yet you guys found the perfect gifts for me! How’d you guys know what to get me?”