14

Days had passed in the same rotation, but Clint still hadn't returned.

But, I heard a loud noise on this particular day, I'd never heard it before.

Napoleon lifted his head, ears perked up with interest. "That's Clint," Napoleon said as he went to stand near the door of his stall.

I did the same, except my head was over the door and I watched the barn door.

Clint walked in the door almost twenty minutes later, a red head followed him in.

She was wearing jeans and a shirt that had a black and red spider on it. "What did you want to show me birdbrain?" She asked.

Clint grinned as he walked over to me and stood by my stall door.

The woman walked over and looked at me with a slight, very hidden, look of awe. "She's beautiful Clint, is she for the kids?" She asked him.

Clint shook his head, "I rescued her for you Nat, now you won't have to keep stealing Napoleon,".

Oh, this was Natasha? She looked a little shocked as Clint pushed me back a bit so he could open the stall door.

Clint entered and waved Natasha in.

She walked up to me and slowly put a hand on my nose.

"Do you like her?" he asked.

She nodded. "What's her name?" Natasha asked as I took some hay that she offered me.

Clint looked sheepish, "I wouldn't let the kids give her a name so you could give her one," he told her.

Natasha turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow, "What did they want to name her?"

Clint took a moment to recollect a few of the names Lila and Cooper had tried to call me, "Uh, let's see, there was Fluffy, Spirit, Unicorn was suggested at one point, Widow, Shadowmere, Secretariat, the list goes on for a while really," Clint told her.

Natasha rolled her eyes at him, "I like Widow," she told him while playing with the lock of hair that usually hung close to my eyes.

Napoleon had his head stuck into the window of my stall, he whined.

Clint turned to look at him and walked over to the window, petting Napoleon's nose, "Don't worry Po, we're gonna go for a ride later," Clint assured him.

Natasha frowned and put a hand on the scar that was barely visible from my lower chest. "What happened to her?" Natasha asked.

Clint turned too see what she was talking about, he noticed the scar she was looking at.

It started from the underside of my chest and almost went to my tail.

Clint walked back over and put a hand on my neck, "I told you Nat, she's a rescue. She's just not from a shelter," Clint told her before he started to explain to her about my recovery and how he'd found me.