Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Alya's P.O.V:

Nashira and I strolled back to our dorm. We had no interest in being the first attempt at friendship with the other two. Well, possibly the Hufflepuff, whose name I learned was Cassiopeia. I have nothing against all of the Slytherins (only the ones who bully Shira), but seeing as what happened yesterday, I doubt she wants to be best friends at the moment.

Nashira gave the portrait the password and we entered. It was a nice day out, but preferring to be inside, I went to grab a book and my notebook, while she went for her sketchbook and her changing-shade-of-colour pencils. Opening the door to our dorm we walked inside and swiftly grabbed our things. On second thought, I also picked up Cya and carried her to the common room. I knew that she was most likely going to bother me the whole time while I read, but why not?

While I skimmed the pages of my astronomy textbook, I noticed a picture of the moon, almost covering the whole page but not completely. At the top was written 'phase of the Moon Today', it was at it's first quarter. I already knew that the full moon was on next Saturday, but somehow seeing it on the book made it feel more real. By now I expected to be used to it, but I guess I never will.

Sighing, I closed the book. I took out my notebook and a quill. It did not take long before I added another poem to it's pages, and closed it after letting the ink dry.

Green grass laughs, the weeping willow sings;

The sun smiles at the joy that it brings.

From up above the bird plays a song,

oh, no more could it be so wrong.

Not long did it take to ruin that day,

to go from a child at play,

to the very same one screaming in pain.

Darkness lurks in the trees,

horrible malice concealed by leaves.

In a spit second it rushes about,

Teeth bared, hot breath from the snout.

Let them live,

It says, for the more suffering will it give.

Rushing to their aid,

unable to stop the blade,

too late, too late.

There is no more time,

you cannot change the crime,

this is my melancholy rhyme.

Adieu, thank you for the attention thine.

That was enough of that, so I turned my attention to my cat, who was getting impatient to be petted. Shira seemed to be concentrated on her drawing, so I left her be for the moment. Eventually, waking up at 4:36 a.m. caught up to me and I drifted back to sleep.

A badger in the mirror,

a dancing lion on the grounds,

many vultures surrounding, waiting,

storm clouds covering the sun.

A girl stood to my right, her wand drawn. I couldn't hear anything, as if a barrier was there. Then suddenly a spell struck her, it didn't appear to cause her pain, but there were still tears in her eyes.

I jolted awake, I couldn't remember the first part of my dream, but I knew that the last was a precognitive one. Most people probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but having some in the past, I just knew. Although, I must admit, this one was the strangest one by far.

Shira looked at me oddly, but I knew it was because of my unanticipated awakening. Yes, I know, a rather dramatic way to put it.'Did you finish your drawing?', I inquired, sitting up in my chair. She grabbed her sketchbook from the table and handed it to me. My cat, she drew Cya.'Did she pose for this?', by the looks of it this was not her casual position. Her head moving to the side and tail settling over her paws.