Last Lesson

The last lesson is English. While walking to our English room I suddenly comes to a stop as I realise something, "what's wrong?" Dan stops besides me.

"Today is Monday right?" Dan nods his head as I then bite my lip. "It's a special sex education lesson for the leavers." Dan shakes his head immediately looking pained. I do the same, "Are you sure?" I nod my head. I overheard one of the girls in the bathroom this morning say that while she was in isolation they had a one off Monday morning sex ed lesson for the leavers instead of English, the other girl whose in our year confirmed everyone is gonna be having it.

"We don't count right?" I shake my head. "I mean we're fucking married Dan. We should be taken as adults." Dan shrugs his shoulders back. "Alright then..." he nods his head still looking terrified as fuck. I mean he looks how I feel on the inside.

We then continue to slowly walk through the emptier corridor towards English. "What if they talk about pregnancy?" I whisper slightly feeling anxious. "What if they say 'who has been sexually active' and we have to raise our hands up?" I shake my head this can't be happening.

"I mean...he or she was a surprise. But at least we're married and sort've settled down?" We don't even live together. I ignore Dan's random bullshit.

"Let's just brave this lesson..." I whisper before Dan slowly opens the door while we creep in, to the back at our normal spots. Those girls was right about a sex ed lesson...fuck.

- – – -

An hour into the 90 minute lesson and I'm feeling quite relieved that the two very...bleak...teachers that are teaching us about sex, hasn't pointed me or Dan out yet, or even mentioned the word 'pregnancy' but I guess there's still half an hour left.

"What about George?" Dan mumbles under his breath while the two halfwits continue to make bad puns while the late thirties something, dozy substitute is smiling away in the corner of the room literally taking down notes and trying her hardest to get everyone involved. She is the only person actually asking questions.

I smile, but with my hand covering my mouth. "I like Hannah." I whisper while Dan literally jots down all the baby name's we've came up with this past hour. "Yeah, that's a nice one." Dan writes 'Hannah' higher up on his list.

"Robert?" I shake my head.

"I feel like...he or she needs more unique names. But like not Blue or Echo or anything weird." There's a long pause...a total silence in fact. I then realise I may have said that a little bit too loud. "Interesting conversation you're having there Sarah..." Dan literally punches my on the arm under the table.

"Sorry!" I shout embarrassed.

That's all I need. For other kids to find out I'm pregnant. "Is this the cliché couple of the class?" One of the cringeworthy workshop teachers say literally holding a dildo. I'm trying to keep it together. It's way too funny. I can see Dan trying not to laugh but the other students don't, not even fucking Kyle and he is the joker of the class.

The substitute merrily laughs. Both me and Dan shake our head, "they're married." Both of the sex ed teachers look at me and Dan stunned as we both falsely smile.

"Since you guys are intimate...with only each other...hopefully...and sure there's no risk of diseases...you'll need to keep using protection to prevent unwanted pregnancy." I want to slam my head against this table so hard right now and die of embarrassment.
Dan goes to answer but he gets a text. "Yeah...yeah..." his voice trails off while they continue to teach the class.

I however put my head on Dan's shoulder and look at his phone. It's from Isla, telling Dan to tell me that it's my turn to stay around theirs for the night or whatever. Dan and I normally are together on the weekends, otherwise we live apart on the weekdays. We never know why...since we should be together like a prober married couple.

"Somethings up." He whispers. I nod my head in agreement. Before me and Dan can brainstorm why that is the substitute teacher calls us both out once again. This time walking to our desks with one of the workshop teachers. "Um Dan...we might have something you might be interested in?" Dan quickly shoves his phone into his blazer pocket. "Yup?" He says confusedly as they give him a form. "Oh..." he nervously laughs giving the form to me. Free condoms until he is 24.

"Yeah...thank you every much but I already have a card...when we got married they gave us one." The substitute smiles. "Oh wow, that's caring!" Dan nods his head.

On our honeymoon...we thought that it'd be good if we try no protection, just to see whether it feels different...easier on me since I'm not good with any types of pain.

Obviously...life got in the way. I put my hand up jumper from the bottom and undo a few tight buttons as I then hold my bump. It feels bigger than last week and I don't know how that's possible. It's only going to be a matter of time until this black jumper decides to start riding up my bump...until my blazer buttons pop.

I have to tell my mum.

"Are you okay?" Dan whispers sitting besides me, he nods his head towards my belly area obviously seeing me holding it. "Yeah, we're all good."