Chapter 1: Misconception

I am Kiatharina Cliara of Eklioptsis descendant of Ena, a land creature, who raised me along with my father Kallan, a veteran of the Keepers. I was raised by the land and trained to become a warrior. I am a servant of the land and of the lakes. I am responsible for the life of every light creature I am ever to encounter. My friends call me Ina. They fight along my side against creatures of the dark whom constantly bring trouble to the borders of our lands. None of us have encountered a dark creature close enough to view a detailed description of them. All we know is that they do not radiate light, they radiate darkness and the darkest of fears. It is said that if you are to come too close to a dark creature, they will implant a fear so dark that it will grow inside you converting your light into darkness. You then will die in fear and in darkness. It is not the most honorable way to die so, we just try to stay alive.

A child's nineteenth birthday was cause of great celebration, my friends and I are to become nineteen in seven days. In that day we are to receive the essence of the spirit within us changing our appearance, hair color, and eye color to match the essence. This is where it all begins, the moment of truth. All our talents will come together and convert themselves into one. I feel as if it is more of a loss of talent to be given only one talent rather than allow us to exercise all the experience and knowledge we already have gained. Then again it will be interesting to see my true gift at its full potential.

There is three kinds of essences; Defenders of the Sea, Land Creatures, and Keepers. Sea Defenders have purple hair, intense turquoise eyes and they are able to swim for many days and nights before getting tired. Land Creatures have celestial green eyes and beautiful long golden-brown hair. Their eyes allow them to see through anything and they serve them to prevent casualties from happening. Keepers in the other hand are magical creatures. They have gorgeous long wings that can provide light to them even in the verge of the kingdoms. Their eyes are golden and penetrating. Their eyes work as some kind of radar, allowing them to find anything no matter the weather. Keepers' hair is wavy and silver white. Its not too weird that mom and dad fell in love. It was exciting times for in our birthday they granted a great celebration where all creatures old and young were to attend to presence such a miracle. It is the time where the Royals were to witness a shift of their kingdom. The stars looked down at us and awaited the miracle of life. No one ever saw the Royals until these celebrations came around, to be specific every seven years.