Him and I walked to the car and he opened the door for me once again. "Thank you" I said as he closed the door for me.

Nick got into the drivers seat, starting the car. We began driving down a road and we made small talk. I was starting to forget. Minutes later we drove by the area where Zion got hit. I attempted not to cry but failed once the tears fell down my face. I've never cried this much in my life.

"Hey, hey, it's alright" nick said, wiping the tears off my face.

"I'm sorry-" I let out a forced laugh "-I shouldn't be crying over this." I finished, wiping my nose on a napkin.

"It's okay, I don't mind. But I am trying to help you take your mind off of things." He chuckled. I smiled.

We soon arrived at a really nice restaurant. Nick opened my car door before I could. I watched as he handed the keys to the valet, and didn't think twice about it.

"Reservations for Mara." He said to a lady standing at a podium-type structure. She checked her book and smiled at the both of us. "Follow me" she said. She grabbed two menus and escorted us to a 2 person booth in the back. We had a perfect view of the beach.

"Nick this is beautiful, thank you." I gasped as I looked onto the California beach as the sun was setting.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm happy we get to spend some time together." He spoke.

The waitress came to take nick and i's orders. I didn't realize I was hungry again until I looked at the menu. Everything looked amazing, and expensive.

Nick and I talked about a bunch of different things throughout the dinner. I was a bit distracted as he was explaining a dance idea he has. I noticed a car that kept circling the parking lot. It kept driving through, constantly.

"-and then we end with the same pose with our hands clasped together and our arms straight down." Nick finished, showing me a movement with his arms.

"That sounds really cool. What song is this for again?" I smiled. I tried to seem not distracted.

"It's for 'No More' but the song is unreleased." He winked.

(A/n I know that 'no more' is released, and I'm aware that the dance doesn't actually end like that, just pretend it does)

"I can't wait to hear it." I smiled at him.

Nick and I finished our dinner. We talked for hours at the restaurant. We stayed till closing, which was about 11pm.

We got back into the car, discussing the food we just ate. Once again he opened and closed the door for me, a true gentleman. I smiled as nick started the car, turning up the radio as 'Would You Mind' played. I watched as he gasped and his eyes lit up like I've never seen before.

"Our song is on the radio..." he trailed off, smiling like a kid on Christmas morning.

"You guys have so much talent...I don't know why it wouldn't be" i laughed at his excitement. It was good to see nick happy like this, it's been awhile since that last happened.

If I pulled you closer would you mind
Would you mind?
Would you mind?
If my hands get lower when we grind...
When we grind...
When we grind...

I blushed as nick grabbed my hand  and kissed it, winking at me as he sang those last few words. My smile was soon gone as I heard Zions second verse come on.

Let's not waste a moment
Ain't no need to be shy,
I got room for your friends
If your friends wanna ride
Tell them not to stress though,
I'll treat you so special
Just give me the chance girl
I won't let go!
And I-
Know you've been hurt before but,
I'll make it better for ya, for ya, ow!
And you've heard it all before but I got a question for ya, I've got a question

I sang as as nick kept driving. I sighed as I soon felt tears build up. I can't cry again. Not now. Not with nick.

The song finished and nick laughed, full of disbelief. "I can't believe our song is on the radio..." he breathed, continuing to smile.

"I'm so proud of you guys" i said.

"Thank you. Thank you for helping us with...everything" he smiled.

I nodded and looked out the window. I glanced in the side mirror and noticed a black car close on our tail. I cleared my throat and nick was quick to ask what was wrong.

"Nothing" I said with an unconvincing smile. "Nothing at all."

"I noticed them too..." he whispered, keeping his eyes on the road.

I nodded and gulped.

Nick barely slowed down the car before making a sharp right turn down a road I've never noticed before. I gasped and looked at nick who kept his eyes on the dirt road, speeding down it and checking his rear view every once in a while. I opened my mouth to ask what he was doing but I closed it after feeling the car speed up even faster.

I checked the passenger side mirror and noticed the black car close to the back of our car. Nicks knuckles began to turn white as he gripped the wheel harder. We were kicking up dust with our wheels from going so fast. I grew anxious as I noticed a road ahead of us. Nick quickly made another sharp right turn, mimicking what he did before. I glanced back and saw that the car was no longer behind us, but my nerves didn't settle.

"I think they're gone." Nick let out a sigh of relief, loosening his grip on the steering wheel.

"I don't know what the fuck that was for but they need to stay away." I spoke, confused at what just happened.

We drove home, making small talk with each other. We kept our eyes on the mirrors, paranoid about another car behind us.

"We're back!" Nick yelled through the house after opening the door for me.

"Did you use protection?" Edwin asked from the couch, smirking at the two of us. The guys were all on the couch watching a movie.

"Shut up" Austin said, smacking the back of Edwin's head.

"Ow" Edwin groaned, rubbing the back of his head and glaring at Austin.

"It wasn't like that" nick chuckled. I laughed and went up to my room to change. I put on a t-shirt and leggings, happy to be out of my jeans.

(A/n does anyone else feel amazing after taking off jeans and putting something comfier on?)

I shut off the lights in my room as it was illuminated by the tv and the moonlight peeking through the curtains. I crawled into my bed, putting on a show.

I miss watching tv at night with Zion, just enjoying each others company. I miss falling asleep listening to his heartbeat. I miss hearing "babygirl" and "baby" come from his lips. His soft lips that I always wanted to kiss. I especially miss watching all five of the guys in the studio together as I sat on the couch and watched. I miss holding his hand...his very skilled hands.

I miss him.

I sighed as tears fell from my face, sobs escaping my mouth. I stayed like that for what felt like hours before I drifted off to sleep, knowing my cheeks would be tear-stained when I wake up.

First chapter!!! Keep in mind that there will be lots of plot twists in this book! ❤️

Like, comment and vote!!!