The moment I entered the cabin, all I could see was orange. I lifted my arm to block my mouth and nose to breath through my sleeve, but all I was getting was smoke, like when I was trapped in the car with my grandpa who liked to smoke.

The curtains, furnature, walls, everything was on fire, blazing bright and causing the walls and ceiling to creak. I saw Cassie nowhere.

"Hello?" I coughed out, but my voice was lost in the crackeling of the flames. I had to crouch down to get under the smoke that was beginning ot build up. At this rate, I was beginning to think Cassie was done for.

Because I hadn't been smart enough to ask and was too focased on getting inside fast enough, I didn't know which room was hers. I jumbed over a fallen coffee table and ran through the first open door. Even though the door had caught fire and the walls were beginning to catch too, the closet, bed and dresser were only scalded, but cassie was no where in there. I ran out, having to bend over fully now to avoid suffocation.

The middle room door was caught on fire, and locked. I kicked at it and tried to knock it down that way, but it wouldnt budge.

Damn, I thought. She better be in this God damn room for what I'm about to do to get in there.

Then, I threw my weight on the door. Holes were beginning to form in my shirt, my pajama pants and long sleeved night shirt melting to my body. I had to blink rapidly to clear the tears out of my eyes. It was hard to breath, but if I was bad, then Cassie had to be worse, which willed me on.

The door hadn't budged. I threw my weight on it again, and the second time I was knocked to the floor.

Damn those solid oak doors...

I got on my hands and knees, the smoke pushing down on me even further. "Hello?" I croaked out, not even bothering to cover my mouth anymore. Everything in this room was turning to ash and dust, the flames as hungry as me after I get home from school.

Then in the corner, I saw her and thanked whatever the hell was up in the sky. I crawled over to her and checked her out. Her cloths were still fine, but she was unconsious and covered in soot and ash.

"Cassie," I said, tapping her cheeks. My voice was beginning to sound like I smoked three packs a day. Her eyes fluttered. Thank you sweet Jesus!

"What's going on?" she asked, sounding like a ten year old, even though she had to be at least a year older than me.

"Come on," I croaked out. "We've gotta get you out of here."

She slowly- come on girl, don't you see there's a cabin burning?!- rolled onto her knees, weak.

"I can't," she said, beginning to collaps.

I didn't even think about it, it was like it was instinct. I reached a hand out and focased on her body.

She had scraped and burns- bad burns- all over, and a cuncussion. I then noticed the vomit on her shirt and worked quickly. I felt a burning on my cheek, where my mark was, and knew I had to hurry.

The flames are getting me, too!

I felt her grow stronger, and me weaker. Then she was up and helping pull my limp body up. I could barley stand.

"Lets go," she panted, supporting my weight and making me walk to the door. We just entered the main room when the roof in Cassies room collapsed.

We couldn't see through the black fumes, and we coughed and coughed. What the hell was taking so long? Cassie tried to weave us through and around the bad parts of the cabin, but lets be honest- they were all bad. The clothes on my skin felt like they were liquidizing. I cried out and would have fallen to my knees if Cassie hadn't dragged me more.