Chapter 2: Town Spirit

I felt a warm ray of sun shine through my window shine into my eyes. I gently pressed my fingers tips to my eyes rubbing them as I quietly yawn, I look over to my clock to read the time

5:00am

I'm usually a early riser, but not this early. I slumped myself up, pressing my feet to the cold hardwood floor. I stood up and flicked on the tv as I went to go pour myself some water.

The tune of the weather channel filled my ears, it's a tune that will always stick to me, I think everyone has heard it enough where it's not even annoying anymore, at least it used to be annoying for me.

I walked over to my dresser and pulled out my white and orange t-shirt with denim skinny jeans and my dark green skirt.

"Today's 12 hour forecast, the skies will be clear and sunny."

I got changed and turned off the tv. I took my glass of water and began taking sips from it, sitting on the table.

Suddenly I hear what seems to be small faint screams.

I raise my eyebrows as I listen, heading to my door opening it up, I can hear the dog barking. I squint my eyes as the sun blinds me when I open the door.

I trace my eyes around until I find the dog. In front of him are three little.. people?

I set my water down on the table and I run after the dog.

"Hey hey down down!"

I trapped the dog into my arms closely holding him to my tummy. He wiggles from my grab and runs off else where.

I look in front of me, trying to make out what I'm really seeing, rubbing my eyes once more.

"I haven't seen this harvest spirit around here before..."

"Wait do you think that old grumpy man died so she's here to replace him and take over the farm?"

"Maybe she is a lost tourist!"

I knew this wasn't a dream, but I wasn't too sure of myself at the same time.

"I'm not a tourist, I just moved in here yesterday, I'm here to work on the farm"

I spot out the smallest one out of the three, he wears a blue coat and a little hat to match.

"Ohhhhhh I see, what brings you here to a little town like this?"

I scratched my head as I sat down, criss crossing my legs

"My fathers friend Takakura owns this farm, and I wanted to leave the city to try farming so I'm working here with him"

"Well it's your farm now so I don't see why he should stay around!"

One of the three wearing a red coat smacks the one with the blue coat in a harsh way on the back of the head

"She said they are working together on the farm and she said it's her fathers friend so of course she isn't gonna kick him out you moron!"

"Ow..."

"So sorry about him. We are the harvest sprites of this town! The only ones quite frankly, my name is Nak, nice to meet you!"

The blue coat one walks in front of Nak along with the other out of the three, wearing a yellow coat.

"My names Nik! Sorry for saying those things... Nice to meet you!"

"And I'm Flak, nice to meet ya!"

I squish my cheeks together as I giggle

"I'm happy to meet all of you! My name is Pony, but I have to ask.. What do you guys do?"