Chapter 2: Training

She was running away with a boy: long dark curly hair falling to his shoulders, brown eyes, light skin, who was holding her hand tight, they were running away from a great fire behind them. She could see the dark look in his eyes, fear, anger, hate, the look of suffering.

"Ben, stop!" She was crying, she looked back at the place she called home in flames. "Ben!"

The boy with her stopped running, he placed his hand on the back of her neck and rubbed his thumb on her cheek to wipe the tears away. "I'm sorry, (y/n), but I have to do this."

"Don't do it," she cried, "I know what you'll do, just don't please!"

Tears he was trying to fight fell from his eyes and gave her the last passionate kiss. "Don't you see? I have to do this! I have to protect you. I-I love you (y/n), I always have and I always will."

"I love you too-"

"Be-Ben!" (y/n) wakes from another dream, or nightmare. It was strange to dream about someone you never met, Ben Solo. She has never seen Ben Solo before, the man behind the mask of Kylo Ren. Everytime she dreams of this she wakes up panting, heart aching, red all over from crying. It was more like a forgotten memory. She told nobody of this, not Poe, not the General.

A cloaked man was sitting beside her bed. She looked around, she was in a dark chamber, no one there but her and the man beside her. The cloaked man looked up at her, the dark mask covering his face. "You have awaken at last." (y/n) remembered the same thing he said when she first encountered him. "Tell me the plans of the Resistance."

"Not spilling any information." she said "No amount of torture will make me say anything."

"Get up," he said, walking out of the room. "Follow me."

(y/n) laughed at the command. "I don't take orders from you. Make me." (y/n) smirked at Kylo.

"I have no time for this. You will follow me." Kylo uses the Force mind trick to make her follow him.

They arrive at a huge room. Blasters, bowcasters, detonators, flamethrowers and so much more weapons arranged neatly on the walls and shelves. Kylo uses the Force again to grab a lightsaber and heads to another room.

"Why did you bring me here?" (y/n) asks

"To strengthen your connection to the Force you once forgotten," he said. "What do you know about the Force?"

"Um, It's an energy field created by all living things," she shrugged. "It surrounds us and penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together." she only heard that from somewhere though she could not remember where.

Her answer surprised Kylo Ren but she did not see this because of the mask hiding his face. "Good. Sit down, close your eyes and calm yourself. Do not even try to-"

(y/n) cuts Kylo Ren off. "I won't try to refuse. Why should I do this? As far as I know, I am no Force-user."

"Do it," he said "I don't have time for questions. Do as I say."

"Okay."

"Close your eyes and reach out," his voice was now calm.

She closed her eyes, "Reach out to what? to where?" she asked.

"Inside," Kylo said. "Awaken the Force inside you. Be one with it. Breathe. What do you see?"

"The Galaxy. The Resistance and The First Order. Life and Death. Warmth and Cold. Peace and Violence."

"And between it all?" Kylo asked, already knowing the answer

"Balance and energy. A Force," (y/n) replied.

"And inside you?"

"That same Force. It's so much bigger."

"Stop," Kylo said and (y/n) opens her eyes. "I'm becoming too much of my uncle and you too much of a-" he paused "Have you got any experience with melee weapons?" his voice was demanding but still calm. She was slowly starting to trust him now.

"Too much of what?" she asked, but didn't mind it. "Staffs and gaderffii. I stole from Tusken Raiders when I was young. Why?"

"Close enough." he said throwing her to what looks like a lightsaber. He removes his cloak and ignites his crossguard lightsaber. "Show me what you got. Ignite yours."

"What the-" (y/n) ignites hers as Kylo comes up fast to attack her that she quickly avoids. "Seriously, are you nuts?!"

Kylo did not speak but only continued to attack her. Each attack she defends herself with her lightsaber and studying his strategy. Their weapons lock and she finds a pattern, a blind side to his move.

She dropped to the floor harnessing the Force to turn off her lightsaber and swiping her opponent with her leg, and him falling to the floor on his back. (y/n) was on top of him, hesitating to ignite her saber again to his chest.

Kylo took the oppurtunity to push her off and now on top of her. With his lower arm on top of her chest, pushing her hard on the floor and his other supporting his weight, he could feel the rise and fall of her chest. He could only look at her there for a few more seconds, stood up, fixed himself and held out a hand to (y/n) to help her that she took immediately.

"A Stormtrooper will lead you to your chambers. I will pick you up for training again later." he said and left the room.

She tried to catch him but he was too fast. "Follow me." said a Strmtrooper right outside the door and lead her through the hall to her room and left.

They arrived at the same room she was a while ago, everything the way she left it.

When the trooper left, she took a shower and thought of a plan while she's there; get to know everyone, earn their trust, get information and try to go back to the Resistance. She fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed, she was tired from all the training. She didn't know what it was for anyway

......................................................

"What did you do?" you ask in confusion and anger, but in tears. "What happened? Why did you-"

"He-he was going to kill me," he said, trembling, you could sense the fear in his voice. "His lightsaber was ignited and he was going to-before I-we have to go, (y/n)."

"Ben, stop!" she cried.

"Ben!" she wakes up again with that nightmare. She was crying without even knowing why she was. Something about that dream seemed to be showing her something. "Wha-what are you doing here? How long have you been there?"

"Y-you were screaming in your sleep," he said. The monstrous Kylo Ren, stuttering? (y/n) thought. "I had to see what was happening to you."

"Did that just mean you care about me?" she could feel her cheeks warm. Who would have thought that a menacing person like him would care?

He didn't reply. He took out his hands and removed the dark gloves. One hand was on the back of her neck, wiping the tears on her cheeks with his thumb, she already forgot she was crying, his other hand held hers and intertwined them together. Something about his touch was so familiar, like it was someone who held her hand everyday. "I was terribly worried... and afraid." (y/n) cried even more at what he said. "I-had to do this, I have to protect you."

Who are you, really? Why does it feel like that boy is you?

"Remove your helmet. Show your face."