Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

It had taken Angelica three hours to get ready. She was ready to impress Louis because she wanted to, not for the money. She was grateful that Maia had taken a step into the situation and had talked her out of her sick, sick plan. Maia was right. The bet was messed up. It was even more messed up because of how much Louis liked her. She could see it on his face when he looked at her. He looked at her like she was the most beautiful girl in the world. She couldn't believe that someone thought of her so highly. She always saw herself as the second choice, the ugly friend, the loser, but with Louis, it was different. Even though she didn't even know his last name, and he didn't know hers, she could feel the connection between the two of them and it was something she had never felt before.

There was a knock at the door.

"One minute!" Angelica yelled and looked at her reflection in the mirror one last time before striding over to the door.

"Hey!" She smiled and pulled Louis inside. She embraced him in a tight hug, and after a second he hugged her back just as tight.

"You look stunning." Louis said and looked his date up and down. She was wearing a casual outfit: a plaid flannel with a black camisole underneath and a pair of white shorts.

Louis was relieved she was dressed so casually because he was also dressed casually. He didn't know what to wear until he thought of where he was going to take Angelica.

"Thank you! Same to you." She smiled and gestured towards Louis' dark skinny jeans and grey sweater.

They stood there awkwardly for a moment just looking at each other.

Come on, Lou. He tried to encourage himself to speak up to the beautiful girl standing right in front of him, waiting for him to take her on a date.

The date!

It was as if Louis had forgotten all about why he was actually standing in this girl's dorm room.

"Shall we?" Louis asked and held his arm out.

Angelica gladly took the kind gesture and walked with Louis out the door of her room and to his car. When she really looked at it, she was surprised to see a sleek, black Chrysler 300.

"How can you afford this?" She asked, gesturing towards the fancy car casually idling in the parking lot.

Louis smirked and looked at his date, "I have some money laying around."

He was trying to sound as cool as possible even though his heart was beating so hard, he thought it would beat out of his chest. He had to calm down, but he couldn't. He finally had the girl that he had wanted for so long willingly going on a date with him and he couldn't compose himself. His nerves were acting up. He silently scolded himself. He stepped closer to the nice car and opened the passenger side door for Angelica.

"Thank you." She smiled, stepping into the car.

Louis jogged around to the driver's side door (a/n. Why do they always jog? lol) and hopped in. He revved the engine and sped off out of the parking lot and onto the highway.

The car ride was quiet, but it was a good quiet. Louis could tell that Angelica was very interested in his car and he praised her for that. He always loved it when a girl would tell him that he had a nice car or that she liked it. It helped him feel more confident, and, soon enough, Louis felt his heart rate go down and all his muscles relax. He let out a small sigh and put on his turn signal, telling the other drivers around him that he was planning on taking a left at the intersection.