➣ pietro maximoff

showing him your powers

---

Pyrokinesis. A power you were born with. The reason you were experimented on. The reason you were contained with two other children of experimentation, Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. You'd never shown either of them your powers, since you were mostly conscious of the way you conducted yourself around the siblings, you wanted to make a good impression. But, today was the day your captors would decide to put you in front of a crowd, put you in a glass box while the siblings watched you light shit on fire. That didn't sound too appealing to you, but you'd upset your captors before and you didn't want to go through the same pain.

"(Y/n)." One of the guards barked, opening your prison cage and letting you out. You walked out of your cell, closing your eyes as anxiety began to settle in your veins, there was no way you'd fail in front of them. Especially in front of Pietro. "Are you ready?" He asked, gesturing towards another cell, a glass cage in which Pietro and Wanda were already standing beside, talking amongst each other. The talking came to a halt as you approached the both of them, Wanda giving you a tight-lipped smile and Pietro's face remaining the same; you swore you could see a hint of worry behind them.

Before they dragged you into the cell, Pietro grabbed your arm and pulled you close to him. "They're going to try and get into your head just so they can see a show. Don't let them. I have no idea know how powerful you can be but do not let them get to you. Got it?" You gave a tight nod and he released you, placing a hand on your shoulder before the guards finally shoved you into the glass box. They locked the door with a mechanical beeping, then walked away finally, leaving just Pietro and Wanda to observe behind the glass.

"Come on freak, let's get this show on the road." A woman's voice came over the intercom, you could hear her snapping her fingers as if they were pressed for time. "Just do what you do... like... shoot fire and do shit." You chuckled to yourself, you've been called worse and asked to do worse, so the hype wasn't too bad. Taking a deep breath, you opened your hand and felt a certain heat beginning to grow; you clenched your fist and felt the tiny bits of fire dancing between your finger tips. Releasing your fist, sparks and what resembled petals began to fly out of your hands, along with streaks of fire that reached only a few feet in front of you.

 Releasing your fist, sparks and what resembled petals began to fly out of your hands, along with streaks of fire that reached only a few feet in front of you

You smiled at the way it tickled your skin, and you looked across to the siblings; Wanda's face was contorted with wonder, curiosity sparkling in her eyes. The fire began to spread around your entire arm, engulfing your forearm completely and the tiny sparks beginning to fade away, your eyes beginning to turn orange with the increase in power.

 The fire began to spread around your entire arm, engulfing your forearm completely and the tiny sparks beginning to fade away, your eyes beginning to turn orange with the increase in power