Scars of a dream

Prologue

"Brrrringgg brrrringgg".

The telephone was ringing early in the morning. I wasn't going to answer that damn call because I was sleeping.

"Brrrringgg brrrringgg".

The phone wasn't going to stop ringing , I had to answer the call. I picked up the phone.

"Hello?", I said in a sleepy voice.

"Hello? Can I please talk to Daisy Jane?", said a sweet little voice of a girl.

"Yeh , speaking", I replied.

"Ummm , I think you know me , I am Stefanie Jane", she said.

My eyes popped out , I was totally awake from my sleep.

"What! , Stefanie , how come you called?", I asked , totally surprised.

"Dad is remarrying", she announced.

I stayed silent for ten seconds , not knowing how to react to this news.

"Wow , really? Well that's great news , and you?, I asked.

"I am going to boarding school tomorrow", Stefanie said.

I went silent again , Shit! I wake up in the morning to find a call waiting for me , news comes and I have nothing to say about. I seriously did not know what the heck was going on around me!

"Well , okay then , good luck , listen , I have to go now , bye", I was in a hurry to end this conversation. It was better to hang up rather then going speechless after every news you hear.

"Bye", she sounded very upset.

I was not in the mood of going back to sleep , especially after the conversation. I walked towards the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I was going towards the kitchen to make breakfast when there was a ring at the door.

I opened the door to find my best friend Aliya , standing there.

"Hi!", she said excitedly , giving me a hug.

"Hey", I said , hugging back.

"What's up?", she asked.

"Nothing , come , have breakfast with me", I said.

She joined in with me , she went to the kitchen to make two cups of coffee for us. She came back and noticed me thinking about something.

"Are you okay?", she asked me.

"Aliya , Stefanie called", I said.

"Really? What did she say?", she asked.

" She said that dad is remarrying and is sending her to boarding school", I explained.

"What!", she said , shockingly.

"Yeh", I confirmed her.

"So , are you going to go back home?", she asked.

" I don't know", I was really confused.

" Oh come on Daisy , don't be silly! I am sure your dad will be delighted to see you", Aliya said.

" I don't think so", I said.

"What do you mean?", she asked.

"Aliya , I don't know where and how to start from", I wanted to tell her the real truth.

" Of what?", she asked.

"I lied to you , I lied to everyone here" , I revealed.

"Neither did my dad allow me to become an actress , or neither is Stefanie my cousin living with us", I told her.

"What , okay , you never told me anything about your past. Tell me everything from the start right now", she said.

"Fine , I will start from college" , I said.

"Okay", she agreed.