I'm gonna marry her anyway

This is a song fic about Tratie based on the song "Rude" by MAGIC! I don't own the lyrics or characters.

************************************

Travis POV (They are about 24 and nave been together for six years)

Saturday morning jumped out of bed and put on my best suit.

Got in the car and raced like a jet all the way to you.

Knocked on your door with heart in my hand

To ask you a question

Cause I know that you're an old fashioned-man. yeah yeah

I remember the day that I went to ask Katie's dad for her hand in marriage. It was an early Saturday morning and I had planned on asking Katie to marry me that evening. I had searched through the closet for about 20 minutes before I put on my best suit, careful not to wake up Katie.

I had written a note saying I was going to be back soon and then raced like a jet all the way to him. I knocked on his door, feeling like I was holding my heart in my hand. Mainly because Mr. Gardner wasn't very fond of me, even after dating Katie for six years. I still remember how it felt like hours waiting on that porch just to ask him a question, because I knew he was an old-fashioned man.

He finally opened the door and invited me inside. We sat in the living room and he asked me what I was here for.

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?

Say yes, say yes. Cause I need to know

You say I'll never get your blessing 'till the day I die

Tough luck my friend but the answer is no!

"Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?" I had asked. I had prayed to every god I could remember, but especially Aphrodite.

My thoughts were somewhere along the lines of 'Say yes! Say yes! Please tell me! I need to know!'

He said "You'll never get my blessing 'till the day you die. Tough luck, but the answer is no."

 Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too

Why you gotta be so rude. I'm gonna marry her anyway

Marry that girl. Marry her anyway

Marry that girl. Yeah no matter what you say

Marry that girl. And we'll be a family

Why you gotta be so rude?

My first thought had been 'Why does he have to be so rude? Doesn't he know that I'm human, too?' Well, half human, half god, but you get what I'm saying. I was just as human as Katie was, and I had feelings to.

Then, my thoughts immediately turned to 'No, I'm gonna marry her anyway.'

I was going to try to convince him, but no matter what he said, I was going to marry that girl. She was my everything and we were going to be a family, so I would marry her anyway.

I hate to do this, you leave no choice. I can't live without her

Love me or hate me we will be boys. Standing at that alter

Or we will run away. To another galaxy you know

You know she's in love with me. She will go anywhere I go

I tried reasoning with him for the better part of half an hour. Then, finally, I realized that I wasn't going to get his approval.

So I said," I hate to do this, but your leaving me no choice. I can't live without Katie. She's my life, so, love me or hate me, we're getting married. Or, we'll run away. Anywhere where we can be together. And I know she loves me and she'll follow me anywhere

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?

Say yes, say yes. Cause I need to know

You say I'll never get your blessing till the day I die

Tough luck my friend cause the answer's still no!

"So please," I had asked once again. "Can I marry your daughter?"

I kept praying, but the gods weren't on my side.

"No. My answer's still no," he said with a completely straight face.

 Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too

Why you gotta be so rude. I'm gonna marry her anyway

Marry that girl. Marry her anyway

Marry that girl. Yeah no matter what you say

Marry that girl. And we'll be a family

Why you gotta be so rude?

Can I have your daughter for the rest of my life?

Say yes, say yes. Cause I need to know

You say I'll never get your blessing till the day I die

Tough luck my friend but no still means no!

We went at it for another ten minutes, me begging for his approval and him insisting that his answer was always going to be no. I finally asked him why he wouldn't give me his blessing.

"I don't like you. You are a son of the god of thieves and I don't believe you are a good influence on Katie. So, no means no." he had told me. I finally voiced the thoughts that I had all along.

 Why you gotta be so rude? Don't you know I'm human too

Why you gotta be so rude. I'm gonna marry her anyway

Marry that girl. Marry her anyway

Marry that girl. Yeah no matter what you say

Marry that girl. And we'll be a family

Why you gotta be so rude?

"Why are you so rude to me. You have always been against me. Don't you trust Katie's judgment on who I really am? You've never even gotten the chance to know me. I asked for your permission, and you denied, but I'm sorry. Katie means everything to me and I'm going to propose to her anyway." I told him before leaving.

Why you gotta be so rude?

And I did. I'm glad I married her anyway because if I didn't, I wouldn't be laying here in bed with her wrapped in my arms, just one room away from our three year old daughter and out five year old son. So if you really love someone and you don't get their parent's blessing, marry her anyway.