Chapter 18 : Let's face the truth!!!

Start from the beginning

Abhimanyu : Those days are long gone, when you chose to fight alone.

Rajveer : I never thought you would go to this extent to get your revenge. After all we are best friends.

Abhimanyu gives a dirty smirk.

Abhimanyu : Friends??? really??? You know what raj, you were never a good friend. You were always a good son, a good protege, a good soldier and now may be a good lover. But never a friend.

Rajveer : For how long you will hold me bad for it?

Abhimanyu : Until i prove naveen innocent.

Rajveer : Even i am doing the same, dost. Let's fight together.

Abhimanyu : Will you be able to fight against them???

Rajveer looks downward as if he is ashamed of what he did.

Abhimanyu : Come on raj, you won't be able to fight. Do you even realise how much i have lost to reach till here.

Rajveer : Yeah you have lost your integrity. I know how you got this promotion. Tell me who is it you are working for.

Abhimanyu : I am working for my only dead friend, naveen. I am fighting for him.

Rajveer : this way?? By actually helping our enemies???

Abhimanyu : Yes i am helping them to get the proof of his innocence. I am helping to get the proof against the man you saved last time.

Rajveer : I have been more than sorry for letting him go. I thought you were having some misunderstanding.

Abhimanyu : you thought naveen and i would have lied about that man??

Rajveer : But you never had any proof against him. How did you think that i would not trust him. After all he is my father.

Abhimanyu : No friend, he is not your father. He used you. He misused your trust and your position. He is still the same. He changed but for worse.

Rajveer : What are you saying? He promised me that he would leave all this behind and will start his life afresh.

Abhimanyu : Really you would believe him??? After what he did to naveen and now to you???

Rajveer gets a shock. Abhimanyu hands over his mobile phone to rajveer.

Abhimanyu : Call him from this number. Call lala, your so called father.

Rajveer takes the phone with his trembling hands. And dials his number. But the number was saved as " Chief". This clears his one doubt. He is trying to hold himself when he hears the other end talking.

Man : What is this? You don't talk to me directly. Unn army walon ne tume chain of command ni sikhayi. Pata ni kis gadhe ko major bana dia humne.

Rajveer : Lala????

Lala recognizes his voice. He disconnects the  call immediately.

Rajveer is shocked to his core. He trusted that man, even after naveen accused him. He still believed him when he said he was being lured into it. He chose to take his side when he promised him that he would prove naveen innocent and would change his path. But this one call shook him.

Abhimanyu could recognize that he is hurt. But how can someone be so blind to see that he has been used. He comes and hugs him tightly.

Abhimanyu : I know dost. I know how are you feeling. Naveen always said that to stand for truth, you have to sacrifice a lot of relations. Lala was never worth your trust. You trusted a wrong man. The result of which was faced by Naveen.