Prologue

"And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him......."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The moon sat High in the night sky lighting the dark forest. The gentle summer wind blew through the trees as a soft orange glow could been seen deep within. What one would not expect from such a soft gentle glow was the sinister source of the light. Deep in the forest was a stone altar, encircling it were several figures in dark robes while the futile cries and screams of an infant could be heard from the altar. A tall slender man in a dark robe with a swirved dagger held above his head stood at the head of the altar. The tiny babe screamed and cried as it laid naked on the altar while the dagger shone in the moonlight. Just as the blade was about to drive its way into its awaiting victim a loud neighing of a horse echoed hauntingly through the forest.

          A gleam of light flashed in the darkness, and before having time to react an arrow flew out and embeded itself in the forehead of the tall slender man. Dropping from the darkness of the tree branches was a man in a black button up shirt, long black slacks, boots and a belt. Once he landed he raised the single hand crossbow in his right hand and put the bolt through the head of the next robed figure. The rest soon flew up into the air and charged him. Running towards them he slid under the first shooting another bolt into it. Moving to the next two the man drew a knife and stabbed it deep into the heart of the enemy on the left while he shot another bolt into the temple of the enemy on the right. Standing up the last robed figure attacked drawing its dagger and swiping it down at his chest, The man in response put a bolt deep into the robed figures stomach.  Walking over he picked up the baby and wrapped a blanket around him.

     "Ehhhh..." the robed figure gasped. "Who are you??"

 The man looked back at the  dying man and simply replied "I am Jeremiah, and this is Mercy"  He stated as a tall pale horse walked out of the darkness into the small area.