"Well iffit isn't the little drug mule," 2D said by way of greeting, adding to the heat already building in my cheeks.

"Well if it isn't everyone's favourite dine 'n' dasher," I snapped back, irritated to find him acting so aloof after last night. Meeting his level gaze I felt my own features twist into a scowl. If I was honest I was even more annoyed that he seemed to only remember the one part of the night in which I had revealed something ugly and personal.

"I dunno if I remember 'dining' on anyone last night," he replied sleepily, one lazy finger itching at the stubble across his jaw, "I fink I recall you chasin' away the main course."

Why worry over dinner when you could have had dessert? The Lou side of me answered but I quickly bit my lip to prevent the overly bold words from being blurted out.

"Well I don't know if I recall you being sober enough to even remember our little heart to heart," I said sheepishly instead, too distracted by my own wayward thoughts to continue the match of snarky remarks.

"It wasn't really a heart ta heart, more like a one sided rant," he said, finally cracking the wide gappy grin that made my heart do a little flip, "Plus, I always seem more drunk than I am; headache tablets don't mix too well wiv alcohol."

Headache tablets? I decided to push aside my curiosity for the moment, re-lighting the end of the fizzled fag between my fingers and taking a steadying inhale. Looking back up at him, I let my eyes trace the uneven patch of hair over his sternum, sitting between his two pectorals, then down his wiry chest to the dark snail trail that disappeared below his waistband.
                          Suddenly aware of him watching me in wait of an answer I had failed to give, I cleared my throat and took another drag.

"I need your help with something," I finally said, earning myself a quirked eyebrow and a smirk.

"Ta help wiv this somefink does my shirt need ta be on or off?" The boy asked teasingly, and I felt my blush go bright and hot as I realised how blatantly I must have been staring.

"Unless you and Lou are a lot closer than I thought, definitely have a shirt on," I replied dryly, trying my best to sound unaffected instead of defensive and flustered.

2D blinked slowly, processing, before dipping out of sight from the doorway. Placing the cigarette between my lips I used both hands to hold onto the railings as I climbed up the steps and followed him inside the trailer.
                          Inside was a chaotic mess of discarded clothing, ashtrays, empty plastic medicine jars, strange bric-a-brac, and musical instruments resembling keyboards except with way more knobs and dials than I had known a normal keyboard to have. The blue haired boy was up the end beside an unmade bed with his Tusspot Fairgrounds shirt unbuttoned and only one boot on, scratching the crown of his head as he scanned the cluttered space, presumably for the matching shoe.
                          As I made my way over to him, 2D sniffed the air, distracted from his motionless search by my tobacco smoke coiling through the air towards him.

"Good finking, I'm too tired ta function," He said, lifting two long fingers towards the cigarette in my mouth. They brushed against the swell of soft skin as he slid them on either side of the filter perched between my lips, plucking it from them to hold up to his own. I watched transfixed as he took a long drag, nodding slowly before returning the cigarette to my slightly open mouth with smoke streaming out through his nostrils on the exhale. The filter was slightly moist with his saliva. A tingle passed down the length of my body.