Ch.22 Under the Moonlight

Feyre's pov
Being free is such an odd feeling. A beautiful one, but oh so odd. I know for a fact that it won't always be like this, eventually more events will end up happening but for now just being free is enough. Being free is something I'm now addicted to. Not a bad addiction though.
And there's something else that I am now. I'm happy now. How can't I be though I? I have everything right now. I just hope it won't all be taken away from me; I guess that's not something to dwell on now.
After we won, things changed drastically but at the same time it's like nothing changed. We had no problem with the spring court right now, and I was on fine terms with Lucien. Not with Tamlin though, I doubt things will ever be okay between Tamlin and I.
Maybe it was for the better that way though. I was on my way to really connecting more with Rhys inner circle. And they're all great, and hilarious, but overall they're great, if you get past Amren drinking blood (you don't realize how relieved I felt when I first learned she doesn't like the blood of humans).
Enough of me talking so much about what's happened, I don't want to start taking about something depressing. Knowing how I've been recently (really bipolar) what I'm thinking could turn badly real quick.
So on another note, Rhys is taking me out somewhere today. At least I think he is, he didn't say he was but I'm pretty sure he is. He can't really keep things from me. But I'm also planning something for him. Earlier I had made some food for him, a long, hard, and grueling process, and I would tell you about it but it's very embarrassing. In the end though I made him a nice dish consisting of soup and water. My specialty.
Hopefully he realizes that it's the thought that counts with this stuff. I'm sure he'll understand though, he'll just have to realize he got a mate that can't cook. Poor him. Note my sarcasm. Anyway I'm going to be giving it to him to officially symbolize that we're mates. Let me just tell you that my talk with Mor about all of this embarrassed me. You should have seen my, literally I was a tomato.
Knock
Knock
Knock
And that must be Rhys, who is clearly here to surprise me. Should I act surprised? Guess I'll just wing it.
Rhys comes in a second later after I invite him in. His black hair slightly falling in his face, he must not have had it cut recently. Maybe he should cut it himself. That's something I'd want to see, his poor hair would be so uneven and bad. I smile just thinking about it.
"What are you doing here?" I ask him, looks like I'm taking the act surprised route.
"I can't just come here and show my love for you?" He asks me an innocent look on his face.
"Nope" I say popping the p.
"Okay fine we're going somewhere" he tells me giving in.
"Where?"
"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you where"
"Don't know it was supposed to be a surprise"
"Yes you did"
"No I didn't"
"Yes"
"No"
"Yes"
"No"
"This isn't going anywhere" Rhys says finally relenting.
"So you give up?" I ask him warily.
He mock glares at me, "fine"
"You know what that means?" I ask him a smirk growing on my face.
"What?"
"That I win!" I shout slightly before jumping into his arms. He grabs me quickly, taking a step back to balance the both of us.
"You're crazy" he says, "I could have fallen"
"And hurt me?"
"No" he says smirking, "and hurt my beautiful face"
"Arrogant"
"And you love it" he tells me smirking.
"I'm the only one that will" I say joking around with him.
"Just keep telling yourself that" he says chuckling, " now let's get going".
"Okay, okay calm down" I tell him. I'll just give him the food later tonight, we both already know I've accepted the bond, that was just my way of making it official, but I'll do it later; for now I'll just enjoy myself.
We walk out of the room and start to go outside. When we get outside Rhys unfolds his wings and picks me up in one swift motion. He takes off giving my practically no warning. I feel the wind against my face as we raise higher into the air.
We don't talk much as he flys me over to wherever we are going. It's a beautiful silence between the two of us, both of us just basking in the others presence, and even though we aren't talking we are just as close as usual.
We land on a small hill, the stars surrounding us completely. He sets me down gently, and I feel the plush grass firm beneath my feet. "This is a beautiful place" I point out softy.
"It truly is" he says, "almost as beautiful as you"
"Don't get to cliche" I warn him in a teasing voice.
"You love it"
"Yes, yes I do" I say truthfully.
He turns to face me, "will you dance with me?" He asks gently.
"I would love to dance" I say a smile clear on my face.
He holds out a hand to me before pulling me close. He sets his hand on my hips, with me putting my arms around his neck. We slowly move to a rhythm. "Can you believe that we're free?" He asks me.
"No I can't" I tell him truthfully. And I'm so scared of it being ripped away from me. He must see the worry on my face.
"Don't worry, we're safe and free and I'll always be here to protect you." He tells me pulling me closer. I look up to him smiling lightly before standing on my tippy toes and leaning in to kiss him lightly on the lips.
"I love you" I say to him.
"And I love you" he tells me a smile looming on my face. My heart almost breaks, how could I have gotten him? How could I deserve him?
"We deserve each other Feyre" Rhys tells me. And eventually I nod, we do deserve each other. And we're both lucky that we found our other half.
And so we stayed there for the rest of the night, dancing to our own rhythm. Dancing under the moonlight.
The End

Hey there guys decided I wanted to finish this up quickly. By the way the little bit about her acting bipolar is because in this fic I wrote her really weird toward the end. So it was just a little joke. I really hope you all enjoyed reading my FanFiction. It's been fun to make. And it's been amazing seeing your votes, and reading your comments they make my day! So this is the end of my fic, maybe I'll rewrite some chapters make them better (not promising anything though). Thank you all so much for reading guys and gals, and please vote and comment!!
-shadowdragon