He was worried about tomorrow, however. Still, he wouldn't back down from his plan, and he knew that it was the right decision to make. Nathan would give him what he wanted no matter what. Too much had been taken from him, and he desired to get some things back.

For a few more hours, he sat there just observing her and her painting. Bright turquoise flowers were beginning to blossom among the forest foliage as bright blue leaves hung from midnight-ink colored tree branches. It was blooming with life, and he was tempted to turn off the lamplights so that he could take in the colors under just the moonlight.

His eyes broke from the dreamlike mural when his love called to him. Meeting her (e/c) gaze, he paid attention to only her. "What do you think so far?" He wanted to tell her that it was magnificent from his own lips, not through a notepad and pen. Drem desired for her to hear his voice, but it fell deaf to her ears.

So, he took up the notepad and pen. It's magnificent; it's divine. No wonder you have a talent for art. You're creating another world for me, and I cannot thank you enough for it.

"Well, what you wanted is inspiring to me. I'm looking forward to when I can paint the stars and galaxies above. Still, I've never painted a ceiling before, which will prove interesting," she rambled on, going on about certain details of the painting here and there.

Chuckling some, he listened to her every word and could imagine the scene taking form easily. It was invigorating to listen to her as she weaved her mind's image before him. Interestingly enough, he had never listened to Nathan in such a way. When he would talk about antiques, he would listen, but he really didn't take in the words. They made him smile but not as much as he was now.

"I should probably go show you that surprise," she finished, sealing all of the cans and putting the paintbrushes away in the process. After doing so, she ran out of the room, and he followed after her. When she picked up the ladder, he was somewhat confused. What was she planning?

"Come on," she stated, heading towards the back. He opened the door for her and kept a cautious gaze on her. Drem doubted that she would try to so openly run since tomorrow she was leaving. Closing the door, he watched her set the ladder up by the roof. Her plan clicked in his head, and he decided to return to his monkey form but still bring the notepad and pen along.

Quickly bringing the plush, notepad and pen outside, he set them by her once she was seated on the roof. He returned to the monkey and sat next to her. Honestly, he had never thought to sit up on the roof and look up at the sky. Now, he had an even better view of it, and all thanks to his love.

From this perspective, he could even see the park behind Nathan's house. The fields of bright green grass stretched out some distance while playground equipment was off to the side some. Some of the trees' leaves broke off when a light breeze went by, and he felt an overwhelming sense of peace come over him.

Beyond the park were rows of pecan trees. He recalled driving by those sometimes on the streets that went through the farmland. How he missed those drives, but at least he could see the trees still. Wanting to see more of it, he climbed up her and rested atop her head. At first, she had jumped but settled down once she realized what he was doing. "I take it that this was a good surprise."

Tapping her on the head once, he figured that she got the message. He was enjoying himself, and he could see above the trees now. More farmland reached out across the earth and looked stunningly inviting under the ocean of stars.

Having his fill of the outside world, he climbed back down and sat on her lap. He rested against her midsection and stared upwards but left the monkey form in the process and sat next to her. If we could fly up to the stars, would you go there with me? Silence was his first answer, but he heard a very light chuckle follow.

"I haven't heard that line since the beginning of high school when we were going over our poetry unit, but, maybe, I would. It would be fun to go up there and fly around with no worries." Since she confirmed that she knew the poem, he decided to write down the rest of it. Of course, he had a reason for doing so.

If we could touch the surface of the sky, would you break it with me?

Would you watch the pieces shatter and sparkle around us?

Would you let them reflect our intertwined hands?

Would you let the stardust illuminate our faces?

If so, would it highlight my feelings for you?

If so, would it reveal the same feelings in your eyes?

Could we dance upon the planets and dip our toes in the sparkling void?

Could the void pull us in and take us past the Milky Way?

Could we become like the stars around us and live in the sea of wonder?

If we could, would you say yes?

Would you give me the chance to take you up and up into the endless bounds of the universe?

Say yes and we can go there. We can go there to the top of the world and break through to infinity.

Take my hand and let me guide you there, so that we may never part.

My love, we will last even longer than the stars up above our heads. Even their beauty will not outlast us. Won't you stay with me for forever? Those weren't the last lines of the poem. He had added those onto it, and, to her surprise, she was at a loss for words.

Second A/N: As for what the room would look like if it were finished, https://www.wattpad.com/user/ChoukoYoshiro made an excellent representation of it. I hope that you all enjoy it^-^! Here's the link: https://www.wattpad.com/516117513-sketch-diary-cloakedranger