Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Dreams.

They are a message, a symbol, and an escape. Our subconscious minds dwell within the hopes of escaping reality when we seem to be struggling the most with our everyday lives. Once we close our eyes and drift, floating away from this world and creating something new within the palms of our hands. It is a gift, a treasure that we carry and unleash once we fall away to the heaviness of sleep. It is something often overlooked and thought of to be meaningless, but dreams, they are the most important escape we have when we feel most trapped within our own realities.

Surrounding me in this new world is my escape, a place where I have come to live, to free myself from the confines of my physical form. Here, I can create, here I can live in a world that is more my home than the real world.

Large golden scaled dragon wings allow me to soar through the pinkish sherbet skies above. Fluffy clouds dot through out the sky as the sun begins to set along the horizon, casting an angelic halo onto the golden plains below. I take in a deep breath, feeling my phantom form with air that is no longer needed for this body. This body that I possess is more ghost like than human. It is airy, translucent as it casts a white glow. My aura tonight seems to be blinding, a bright white light protruding from my soul, whipping about erratically as my large golden wings beat rampantly against the air that carries me. Silver flecks of dust seem to be sprinkled through my aura as it gleams this bright luminescent light for all to see.

Well if anyone were around.

That always seems to be the one upsetting part to dreaming. I never have dreams with people in it, that is until I harness my more eccentric gift.

I roll my eyes, eccentric seems to be putting it lightly.

Something catches my attention from far below, and I can't help but incline my head in a curious manner. It seemed like something shiny was being reflected from down in the plains. I feel an intrigued brow pulling upwards towards my hairline as I squint my eyes down towards the fields of golden blades of grass. They sway rhythmically as the wind barrels through the plains. I extend a hand outwards, feeling the world in which my mind has created as I soften the winds to a mere breeze. I close my eyes as I focus on that power that dwells within my soul, that stirs in my core, and speaks through the palms of my hands.

Within the confines of my dreams, I can create anything. I simply think it, will it into a form and it becomes real. Anything I want can be created here, anything I wish to see is here. I can't find that in my real world, perhaps, why I find it to be so dull there.

In this dreamworld, I am me. I can create, I can exude the most power I have ever felt. It only seems I carry a small fraction of that back with  me once I find my body again.

I slow my wings as I begin to descend towards the earth below. Once I hit the earth, I feel the light tremor through the fields at my very landing.I faintly smirk as I raise my head, beholding what it is that has caught my attention and immediately my eyes widen in dread. No,no....not again.

All around me are fields of golden blades of grass, mountains off in the distance with a halo of light from the falling sun falling onto the valley. It is a surreal world that I have created this evening, but there lies one fault that sits ten feet away from me.

A throne, carved from golden dragon scales, perfect for a queen.

It sits in the middle of the plains, as if it were far out of place. It has talons curling around balls for the feet of the massive chair, as it winds upward, curving and forming into a regal throne. It has a red cushioned seat with the same talon like quality to the arm rests as they curve downward. I stare at the throne with horrified eyes as I back up a step, rather cautiously. I have seen this before, I have seen it so frequently lately, but—I thought it was nothing.