Daveed Diggs~ Crazy

As soon as you found out you would be working with Daveed, you were a mix of emotions; anger for what he did, sadness for what you lost, and hope for what could come.

When the two of you broke up, you moved to New York, knowing that with all the theaters, your costuming skills would help you find work very easily, to get away from him. Unfortunately, that landed you a spot as costume director for a musical your ex just so happened to be a major part of. The two of you managed to avoid each other for the most part; there were other people who were capable of sewing a missing button or taking measurements.

At least, that's what you were counting on when you heard his heavy footsteps come over to you just before intermission. Once he realized you were the only person there, he sighed. "I think a seam is coming undone, would you mind fixing it?"

You take the magenta costume from him. "It'll be done in a few minutes. Just stay down here while I fix it."

He nods and sits at your table. You quickly find the thread you need and get work, sewing the fabric together in silence. Until Daveed speaks up.

"What happened to us?"

"You know very well what happened."

"(Y/N), you know-"

"Know what? Know that you never meant it? Know it was just one time? Trust me, I heard what you were telling me as I left." Tears prick your eyes as you go back to that night back home.

"I'm sorry."

You shrug and knot off your thread. "It's whatever. Here," you hand the costume to him. "That should hold through the show, but I'll need to completely redo it tonight."

"Would it be crazy if we tried this again?"

"Completely." You lean over the table to kiss him, shocking both of you. "But a lot of what I've been doing has been crazy."