1-800-273-8255~jaeden x reader

Start from the beginning

last year, around mid-november, your father had passed away from cancer. you never really talked about it with anyone, except jaeden of course. but other than jaeden, your dad was also your best friend. you always did everything and anything together. no need for special father-daughter occasions, everyday was one of those.

after losing him, you didn't know what you'd do with yourself. school was already hard enough for you. with kids bullying you for being the smart one, for finishing your homework, saying you'd be a nobody one day. you sure as hell proved them wrong.

you and jaeden walked the long aisles of the stadium, looking for your seats. up ahead you saw millie bobby brown, finn wolfhard, gaten matarazzo, and noah schnapp. since finn wasn't sitting near them, he decided to catch up with them. millie turned for a moment and caught eye contact with you.

she smiled and ran over to hug you. you hugged back immediately, absorbing in the comfort of the hug. "hey, cutie. how you've been?" millie asked you, pulling away. you shrugged,"never been better." she smiled again and hugged you again. "i missed you," she whispered. "i missed you too," you whispered back.

"hey, what about us? are we chopped liver?" noah whined sarcastically. you laughed and pulled away from millie, walking over to noah, finn and gaten. "uts great to see you guys," you said, hugging them all at once. "it's great to see you too," gaten said.

you talked for a little bit, but as the stadium filled with people, all of you decided to take your seats. you sat next to jaeden and finn. wyatt sat next to sophia. and chosen and jermey sat next to each other. then the lights dimmed and the stadium became silent. "welcome to the iheart radio music awards," alessia cara said into a mic, with a spotlight shining on her figure.

"before we began handing out the awards, i'd like to present to you a song that hopefully inspired a lot of people and changed their lives," she said. the familiar chords of the song started to play and two other figures stepped onto the stage.

"i been on the low, i been taking my time. i feel like i'm outta my mind, it feel like my life ain't mine," logic sang into the microphone. you relaxed a bit, the song definitely giving you a sense of comfort. it being one of your favorite songs, and knowing all the lyrics.

"who can relate? i been on the low, i been taking my time. i feel like i'm outta my mind, it feel like my life ain't mine," he said, singing his heart out. people in the stadium started yelling in appreciation to the song, and clapping, even along to it.

"i don't wanna be alive, i don't wanna be alive. i just wanna die today, i just wanna die," he sang more. tears started to form in your eyes, the words hitting you straight in the heart. jaeden turned to look at you, his soft smile completely fading and being replaced with a worried look.

"hey, hey. what's wrong, y/n?" he asked frantically. you shook your head and looked to him. "nothing, this song just hits home a little bit," you sniffled. he nodded hesitantly and looked back at the stage, his hand grabbing yours and intertwining them.

"all this other shit i'm talkin' bout they think they know it, i've been praying for somebody to save me, no one heroic," the words echoed through the stadium. as logic kept singing the words, memories started flooding your brain.

flashback

you walked home from the bus stop, holding a piece of paper on your hand, tears threatening to escape your e/c eyes. the paper said,'go kill yourself, you nobody.' the thought that someone had the audacity to write this to you made you sick to your stomach.

but what hurt even more was that, it wasn't even to your face. it was written and stuffed in your locker. yeah sure, middle school was hard but no one should have to go through it like this. and these ransom notes have been going on for months now.

some saying 'you're such a nobody' to 'no one needs you here, just die already'. of course it hurt you. the thoughts eventually got to your head an somehow you made yourself believe that they were true. as you walked into your house, you were greeted by your father.

"hey, slugger. how was school?" he asked, putting down the newspaper. "it was alright," you lied,"i'm going to go take a shower." you walked upstairs immediately, not letting your father respond. you walked into your room and put on some old clothes.

walking into your bathroom, you opened the medicine cabinet. grabbing the bottle of pills in one hand and a small razor in the other. while deciding which one would leave you more numb, there was a knock at the door.

"hey, y/n. it's me, jaeden. can i come in?" he said from the other side of the door. "y-yeah, come in," you said, quickly putting the items away. but before you could put the razor away, jaeden came in. he had the most confused look on his face. he looked at your hand then at you.

you didn't realize tears were in your eyes until jaeden came up to hug you. "y/n, what were you doing with that?" he asked, rubbing your back in circles as quiet sobs came out of your mouth. "i-i don't know," you muttered.

end of flashback

the song continued and you started humming along, taking in the words. "why are you crying, y/n?" jaeden asked you. you gave him a confused look and ran your fingers under your eyes, wiping away tears. "i didn't even know i was crying," you chuckled softly.

"hey. you know i'm always here for you, right?" he told you. you nodded and smiled softly. "i know," you said.

"pain don't hurt the same, i know. the lane i travel feels alone. but i'm movin till my legs give out and i see my tears melt in the snow."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i hope you guys enjoyed that and again, i'm really sorry this is a sad one. i'm working on a requested imagine right now, so sorry if updates are slow, even though they are in general. till next time💘💗💓💞💕💖💝