Promise

Ding!

The elevator stops at the 8th floor, i slowly walked outside as the door opens. It's been 5 days since my fiance, Zilong, got hospitalized. He got diagnosed having leukemia since 2 years ago.

We will get married soon, like, 7 months from now. At June 22th to be exact.

I open the door of room no. 71 slowly, trying to not wake Zilong up. But it seems turned fail. Zilong opened both of his eyes and looks at me. "Uh, sorry i woke you up" i grinned while closing the door.

"I wasn't sleeping though, just relaxing and closing both of my eyes" he smiled a little. I sit on the chair next to his bed while taking out a white package of food i bought earlier from the plastic, "Here, i bought you a porridge earlier. The stand just opened yesterday across my office"

He chuckled a little, "Alu, i'm already an adult" I smiled at him, "Well? You're still a baby for me"

"How's your day going?" he asked in a hoarse voice. "Fine, what about yours? How's your condition?" i asked while stirring the porridge for him. He sighed, "As usual. I was feeling a little dizzy earlier, but i'm fine now"

"I see, now open your mouth, i'll feed you"

"Um, just half okay?"

"Huh? Why? I bet you will like it!"

"I won't feel comfortable while eating, my gums bled earlier"

"But your illness might get worse if you don't eat properly. I bet you start to lose weight in 5 days, what about in 5 months, or even in 5 years?"

"You're thinking too far, Alu. My age won't last longer than 5 years"

"No, no, no, that's absolutely not true. I'm sure you will recover soon! Come on, you shouldn't think like that. Now, you should finish your dinner, so we will successfully get married soon"

He smiled and giggled a little, "You're persuading me just like i'm a small child, but thank you"

Almost an half hour passed, finally Zilong finished his dinner. "Good boy" i smiled as i stroked is long brown hair, few of his hair strands got stuck between my finger.

"What's wrong? Did it just started to fall?" i nodded while removing the hair strands and smiles at him, "It's okay, i still love you, no matter what" He tried to hold his laugh, "What an outdated pick up line"

I giggled after hearing what he just said.

"Alu, may i ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Do you ever feel bored?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you're always sitting, spending your time with me, a fragile and ill person. I can't do anything except talking to you while lying on this bed. I can't even stand properly, i'm totally good for nothing right now"

I stroked his soft, pale cheek. "Shh, that's not true at all. You're not worthless. Even if it's true, you only can talk and lying on this bed, you can't move too much because almost all your body hurts, but believe me, nothing would lasts forever, right?"

He silenced and stared at me for a while

"...But"

"Come on, you don't believe me? I'm going to be your husband soon" i grinned, Zilong stares at the floor slowly.

"Zilong, listen to me, dear. You won't lie on this bed forever, would you? Everything will surely end soon"

"Yes, just like my life"

"Hey that's not what i meant! I was talking about you being fully recovered soon"

"..."

"Just be sure about it, don't think too much. I will always on your side, even if we're apart"

"Was that a pick up line?"

"Maybe, but i really mean it"

"Thank you" He smiles as he slowly wraps his arm around me. I hugged him back and strokes his hair softly.

"By the way, i'm sorry, but i have to tell you that i won't able to sit next to you starting from tomorrow, because i have to go out from this town for 3 weeks to meet our prospective office partners for a project next year"

Zilong pulls himself away from me and stared at me for few seconds with his disappointed face. "Oh, okay"

"Don't be disappointed, i will be back in 3 weeks"

"But 3 weeks would feel like 3 years to me"

"You still have Chou who will sit next to you for a while. Don't worry, i promise, i'll be back"

"Alright, as long if you go back, i'll be fine"

"See you then, don't forget to finish your foods. Get well soon, my dear"

He nodded slowly, i kissed his cold lips withmine softly as i carried my back and left him.    

Forgotten [AlucardxZilong FF] - Englishजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें