19

Mayah pov

It's been two days. I haven't talked to Grayson ever since I pissed him off the other day. His window was locked so I couldn't climb through.

"He just freaked out?" Tia asked

"Yeah.. I didn't know his dad was a touchy subject. You know they never talk about them." I sigh

"Do you even know if he's... alive?" I ask.

She shot her head up from her phone and shrugged. It would make sense. Grayson only talks about Cameron and their mom. That was the first time he was actually opening up to me and I blew it.

"I'll talk to you later."

I hopped off the bed and climbed out of the window. Ethan's was open thank God so I jumped into his room. He looked up from his text book for a second before pulling his airpods out.

"Cameron's here." He said in a warning tone.

"Damn. Doesn't she ever go back to college." I whine

"Is he still upset?" I asked

"Hasn't come out his room all day."

"Ethan....why don't you talk about-"

"Don't even try it M. I'm not ready to talk about him either."

He gave me a look that told me to let it go. I nod and walk past him and out the door. As soon as I closed it, I was greeted by Cameron coming up the stairs.

"Well look who it is. Breaking hearts already?" She said with a smirk

"What is your problem? Why don't you like me?" I yell out of frustration

Her face dropped. She ran her hands through her hair and sighed.

I was ready to push myself past her and towards Grayson's room until she placed her hand on my shoulder and stopped me.

"Sean Dolan.. that was his name.. He died from stage 4 cancer. My dad was the sweetest, funniest man you will ever meet... and he fought like hell while being so strong for us. When he passed, the twins kind of.. lost their way. Did things that got them in trouble like drinking. Both of them used sex as a distraction. I'm hard on you and Tia because I need to make sure my baby brothers never have to feel the pain of losing someone like that ever again."

I look down at my feet, processing everything.

"I'm so sorry Cam.. but I would never purposely cause him pain. I do care about him.. a lot."

A small smile creepes onto her face and she looked a little relieved. She gave me a nod and stepped a little to the right. Finally letting me go into his room.

I stopped at the door and took a deep breath before slowly opening it. He sat at his desk. Head in his hands, phone on the ground.. cracked. I could hear soft whimpers coming from him.

I slowly walked over to him. He slightly turned his head to face me. His eyes were red and puffy. I held my arms out and he got up and ran straight to me. Wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his head into the crease of my neck. I could feel tears drop from his eyes and onto me.

"Mayah.. my dad-"

"I know Gray... and I'm so sorry."

I felt his grip tighten

We held each other for a while before we lied down. He slowly fell asleep with his head resting on my chest.

Feels so good to have him in my arms again

Heyyyyyyyyy. Tmmr I get to go to darkergemini my bestfriend and this book is about her and Grayson. Love you very much M!❤💓💕💞💙