Chapter 2: The Bet

Start from the beginning

Miles pointed at the game me and Brandon played 21 times and me winning every time of course. "Sure, but what's the catch?" he smirked which made me roll my eyes.

"You're pretty quick for a girl." 

I glared at him, "Don't be sexist, you idiot."

Miles chuckled and finally said, "If I win, you will be my slave for a week." I raised my eyebrows at his bet and scoffed,

"Of course someone like you would come up with such a bet, but fine. And if I win, you will be MY slave for a week." He shrugged and we played at least 4 games, 2 wins each. We played our final match and much to my surprise, I lost the bet.

I sighed and looked at Miles with disgust. "You win, but don't think I will let you win next time."

I looked at the time and it was 4:45 p.m. so we all headed to the park to get to know each other better. I found out that Miles was kicked out of his previous school, which made me remember that he transferred to our school half way through the first year. I also found out that he was a player, but stopped when he transferred apparently.

Brandon and Steph went to buy us drinks and probably some snacks. Miles and I sat next to each other on the swings and had a swinging contest to see who went up higher. Of course me with the lighter body weight, I won.

Then we started talking, "So why did you move apart from being expelled?" I asked him casually, trying to make conversation.

"My old house broke down after I trashed it with a party. It was a lot of fun so I don't regret it." he grinned and shrugged, which made me smile.

Then suddenly he started talking about families, "So where's your dad? He didn't join you guys this morning?" this topic caught me off guard. My chest started feeling heavy and I looked down, trying to avoid his gaze. My dad was a sensitive topic till this day. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miles' P.O.V.

"So where's your dad?" That question slipped my mouth which I started regretting. Jessica's face flushed with sadness and she looked down as if she's trying to hold back tears. The guilt took control over me.

I got up and walked over to her. She didn't look at me but her body tensed up. I knelt down and hugged her, resting my chin on her head. She seemed really shocked at my action, and to be honest, so was I.

Either way I didn't care because I felt like she needed this. Jessica all of a sudden burst out crying and hugged back, burying her face in my shirt.

"I-I'm sorry, I'm getting your shirt wet." She was trying to wipe away the never ending tears and I just tightened my grip around her.

We were on the floor by the swings, Jessica sitting in between my legs with my arms around her. "It's okay, I don't mind." I whispered and she stopped crying after a short while. I didn't let her go yet, thinking that she might need me now.

With one arm, I took out my phone and texted Stephanie (she gave me her number while we were at the arcade) and told her that I'm taking Jessica home cuz she wasn't feeling well.

"Come on Jessica, let's get you home. I texted Stephanie that we are going." She looked up and nodded. I wiped away her tears and helped her up. She stumbled back down so I picked her up bridal style and walked home.

It took me half an hour to get home, and on the way, Jessica fell asleep in my arms. I smiled when I saw her sleeping face, she looks cute.

Woah wait, did I just smile?! And did I just call her cute?! What is she doing to me?

I sighed when I opened the door to my house to see that no one is at home. They probably went out for dinner together.

I took Jessica up to my room and gently put her down on my bed. She woke up at that moment and rubbed her eyes while she observed the area.

"Where am I?" her light brown eyes landed on me and stared at me, waiting for an answer.

"We are at my house, in my room." I could see she wasn't as tense as she was before but kept up her protective walls.

"What am I doing here? What about Steph and Brandon?" I chuckled before answering, "Is this 20 questions or something? And don't worry, I told them that you're here."

She glared at me which made me laugh. "But you still didn't tell me what I'm doing here."

She was sitting on my bed and I leaned over her, our faces inches apart.

"If you don't remember then I'll tell you. We were talking in the park and you started crying, then I brought you here and you kinda fell asleep." Jessica sighed at my response and gave up.

After a while, she remembered that our faces were inches apart, one movement and we could be kissing. I felt my cheeks heat up a little and when I looked at her, I could see her face as red as a tomato.

She tried to push me away but I didn't move one bit. She then looked away and I lifted her chin to make her face me. I really wanted to close the gap between us, but what will happen after it?

She closed her eyes and I leaned in even more. I could hear our heartbeats fasten and that's when I got rid of any space between us.

Her lips felt soft and sweet and it made me want more. To my surprise, she kissed back, and somehow it turned into an unforgettable moment. I licked her bottom lip for entrance but she was being stubborn. So I bit her lip and she let out a soft moan and our tongues met.

I was hovering above her on the bed and I cupped her left cheek while holding myself up with my left. Jessica's arm was wrapped around my neck which made it hard for me to resist her.

After a while, I reluctantly pulled away, gasping for air while she did the same. She couldn't look at me when I saw her face even more flushed than before.

I made her face me again and I was about to kiss her again but I heard the front door opening. I stumbled back and ran my hand through my hair, trying to even out my breathing.

Jessica fixed her clothes and hair and sat down straight, trying to look as normal as possible. There was silence between us. I didn't know what to say anymore. I walked out of the room with Jessica in my shadows.

We saw our moms talking and they looked at us with a massive grin. "So how was your day, you two?" Jessica's mom spoke out. I could sense that Jessica blushed cuz she looked down.

"We were at the arcade but then princess here felt a little sick so we came back." That was the only thing I could say, well done Miles (note the sarcasm). But then I remembered something which made me smirk.

"Princess, do you remember our bet?" When Jessica looked up, her face was full of shock and anger.

"Shit..." was the only thing she could say. Our moms giggled to each other like they thought there was something going on between us so they left the room, while Isabelle went to her room a while ago.

"W-what about the bet?" She tried to cover up her shock with anger. "You better be prepared to be my slave for a week." She groaned and walked out of the house with me following her. She went to her house, opened the door and slammed the door in my face.

I chuckled and sent her a message

"I'll see you at school tomorrow. You wont be able to resist me princess ;)"

____________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, tell me what yu think so far.

How did Miles get Jessica's number?

Why did Jessica get upset?

You will have to keep reading to find out.

I will try to update soon.