In The Woods ~Chapter 7~

Recap:

Just then I heard a rustling in the bushes to my right and out walked.............................................................................................

~Chapter 7~

(Ashley's Pov.)

The biggest gray wolf I have ever seen in my life, and living around here you see a lot of wolves but this was bigger, so huge I bet it would be taller then

Caleb or even Shane.

But even scared out of my mind I didn't move out of fear that the wolf would notice me and attack. It did nothing it even seemed to look at me for a second and right after that it ran into the woods like I was never there, it scared me, I thought it would attack, so bad that I would have bet my life.

But no it left me, alive.

So what did I do after it was out of site? I ran like the chicken I am. I ran all the way home not even stopping for breath when I felt like my chest was going to explode.

After I got in the house I locked all the doors and checked all the windows. I don't know why I was so scared but the wolf brought my childhood fears back.

(Flashback)

I was five and one day when my dog was outside I started hearing noises. So I got up to go check even thought mom had said I had to go to bed. When I got to the large window beside the front door where my dog was tied and looking out the window I saw my dog laying there in a puddle of blood and another dog standing over him.

(End Flashback)

I learned later that it was a wolf that had killed the dog I had had since I could remember and ever since then I have been deathly afraid of wolves.

I've had so many nightmares about them and every time my best friend would always be there to comfort me but ever since she moved away the fear has been creeping back and now with this I'll never have a good nights rest ever again in my life.

So I do the only thing I could think of I call her.

Picking up the phone with a very quivering hand I dialed the number.

The phone rang a few times before someone answered.

But it wasn't the voice I had been hopping for, the voice was deep and I concluded to be my best friend and cousin's brother Drew.

"Hello??" asked the deep voice.

"hey it's Ashley I was just wondering if your sisters there??"

"oh ya she's here somewhere. ALISON!!!!!!! Here she come now."

I heard the phone being passed and then the voice of my best friend come on.

"Ashley is anything wrong??" she asked in a worried voice.

"Ali I was in the woods today." I answered nervously.

"Ash what in the world were you doing back in the woods??"

"I was just exploring and well it's because of the guys that found me. They live out there and I guess I was looking for their house but I found this clearing and it had a really big rock and I was sitting there and then a wolf came out of the forest but when I say wolf I mean like out of the ordinary it was huge probably like 7 feet tall."

"Oh my gawd Ashley are you ok??? Did it attack you???? " she asked in a panic voice.

"no no I'm fine but that's the thing it looked at me and then walked away but not before bringing back the memories that I had hopped would never come back."

"I'm coming Ash I don't want you to be alone I'll be there in about an hour don't worry."