Chapter 17

The amount of your own energy it takes to fix someone should classify it was extremely selfless.

And he is. That's what Jacob is.

Troye made his way downstairs later that day, to be greeted with the sight of Jacob on the couch, staring, staring, staring.

The red wall on the other side did not help him, whatsoever.

He realized then and there that he had to deal with Troyes issues in a way that family could not. He knows he can do it.

Troye sniffed his stuffy nose, red from crying, and crept over to the white couch. It matches the other pieces of furniture in that room. Bland and white. He feels bad for his sister when she's on her period. He smiles when he remembers how she fights against sitting on them, instead curling on the floor with a blanket when the family watched a movie. He smiles larger when he remembers that Tyde scrunches up his nose and says something along the lines of "Ewww, girls are gross." And his dad and Steele shushing him, in spite of their red faces. Mom just gives Sage a wink. "But we're also better, and smarter, and-" And then it turns into a full blown fight.

Troye snaps back to reality when Jacob clears his throat.

He could tell Jacob did not know what to do, in that moment. He knew Jacob could not read his emotions, or how he was going to react, but he didn't care. It is impossible for Jacob to read his mind.

But he hopes that one day, they'll be so in love that he doesn't have to.

"Jacob I'm so sorry." Troye found himself apologizing. A single tear sliding down his cheek.

"Troye, baby, don't apologize. Please don't cry, you know it breaks my heart." Jacob jumped up and engulfed him in a hug.

In that moment, he knew everything was going to be okay. It will take a while, but it'll be okay.