T H I R T E E N

13|REAL LIFE

13|REAL LIFE

When Leah woke up she was frozen. It was the kind of cold that seeped into your bones and held like glue, although her arms weren't covered with goose bumps, she still felt cold. This wasn't normal, this wasn't natural. She was supposed to be warm, not cold and pale and definitely not shivering.

So she dug out her old joggers and found a hoodie that had been buried under her bed, then she left for the only wolf expert she knew, Billy Black.

Her slightly red fingers knocked on the door and then quickly retreated into the folds of her jumper. She was rewarded with the familiar swing of the door as it opens. Its Jacob. Leah bows her head in a sign of respect but then quickly raises her head to meet Jacobs eyes. This is when she can tell something is wrong. His eyes hold remorse pointed at her and some anger seething through the cracks.

"I need to see Billy," she informs, and Jacob dosen't question her, which is strange because Jacob always wants to know what is going on, instead he gestures down the hall.

When she gets there Billy is slumped over a huge rustic book, pondering. Leah wraps her arms around herself and goes over too him. Before she even gets there he speaks; "You feel cold, yes? That is why you have come?"
She nods yes and looks him in the eye.
"It is because of your mate..." but she interrupts; "Mate? I don't have a mate?"
"Oh Leah, yes you do, he compelled you to forget him, Eli Fletcher was helping the cause and you two fell in love, however it seems he had a role to play in your fathers death, and seeing how distraught you would be, he made you forget. Now this interference has lead to some problems, it is not how the ancestors wanted it to be, so it has left you slowly dying, first is the coldness, then your wolf will be isolated from you, then you will become immobile. After that death is certain."

Leah sunk to the ground, a million thoughts racing. She would die? At the of someone she couldn't even remember. Why did life hate her?

She fled back home, and held her mum, murmuring incomprehensible words and crying, Seth joined them later.
It was a hour after that she went up too her room, and she saw a photograph on her bed, flowers surrounding it. A gorgeous man standing next to her, arms embracing her and smiling down, was this him? She gazed at the photograph and held it in her hand as she slept, a dream filled sleep, full of battles and the gorgeous man, a house as well.

When Leah woke up, she remembered.
Eli was powerful but he hadn't focused his eyes. And the memories were slowly seeping back

 And the memories were slowly seeping back