Chapter 1:Why is this happening?

~Valeria's POV~

Today was my first day at my new school at California. My parents got a job here and I'm not used to this weather. Usually in New York its not as warm as it is here in September. I got up from bed and immediately went inside the shower.

"Valeria; honey, your father and I will work late tonight so I left some money on the counter downstairs for dinner." My mother yelled from the staircase.

I got out of the shower and threw on a pair of my black ripped high-waisted shorts and my white floral cami. I put my hair in a messy bun threw on my sunglasses and went downstairs.

As I made my way out the house I grabbed my car keys and my so called 'breakfast' (an apple) and walked out of the house.

I arrived at my school and saw a beautiful sight of the beach and countless unknown faces. I almost forgot that my school was right next to the beach.

I was greeted by a lady handing out schedules. Before 1st period started I started to look for my locker to put the books I don't need away. As I make my way to my locker I see a tan, tall, dirty blonde girl next to my locker. 

"I'm guessing your new?" She says with a smile

"Was it that obvious?" I ask, struggling to open my locker.

"I'm Angelina. Here let me help you" She said as she opened my locker.

"Thank you so much! I thought I would never open that!" I say smiling.

"What do you have first?" She asks me as we make our way down the hall.

I get my schedule out and try to find what I have first "Um.. I have algebra"

"Oh cool I guess were in here" she says pointing to a room down the hall.

There were no seats next to Angelina so I just took an empty seat at the back of the class.

.........

The bell rings and I make my way out the door. I heard Angelina yell my name so I quickly turned around to see what she wanted. All of the sudden I feel something hot on my chest and I saw that this guy from my class spilled hot coffee on me! 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" The guy said in a Australian accent.

"What the hell! Um. No, it's okay--it's fine" I say running into the nearest girls bathroom. I could hear footsteps behind me and I come to a realization that it was Angelina.

"Crap, I totally ruined my shirt" I say trying to rub the coffee off in the sink.

"I'm so sorry! But on the bright side you smell like coffee" She says trying to make me smile.

I couldn't help but let out a little giggle at her attempt to make me smile.

Since the stain wasn't coming out I didn't have any other choice but to just go to my next class.

............

It's finally lunch time so I just sit with Angelina and hope that rest of the day goes faster so I can get home faster and change my clothes.

"I totally hate that algebra teacher" Angelina says putting her lunch tray on the table.

I didn't have anything to say so I just nod in agreement.

"So since you're new around here and haven't had a chance to make friends yet would you like to chill with my friends and me later by the beach?" She asks taking a bite out of her BLT sandwich.

"Well I have to change first but yeah sure, why not" I say smiling at the way she is eating her food.

..............

It's finally the end of the day and we get to go home.

Crap I thought to myself. I still have to go home and change and come back here to go to the beach with Angelina and her friends.

I finally came home changed my shirt, undid my hair from my bun which made it wavy and beachy looking.I threw on a black cami and tied a red plaid shirt around my waist.

I get a text message...

From: Angelina

Hey, omfg I cant wait till you meet my boyfriend and his friends. We're almost there, where are you?

I reply back...

Hey, I'm already on my way! Cant wait too!

I grabbed my keys and headed out the door. As I made my way out the house and climbed into my car I remembered that my parents aren't coming until late tonight. I turned on the radio and started singing along to my favorite songs.

I finally arrived with this crazy traffic. I see a bunch of people gathered together, I finally spotted Angelina and walked up to her. 

"Hey, you finally made it!" She smiled and grabbed my wrist and pulled me to everybody else.

"Okay guys this is the girl I've been telling you about!" 

I quickly look at everybody and realize something.....

Why is he here?!??!?