Part One: Who are You?

It wasn’t exactly “love at first sight.” No, not at all. She was the stereotypical awkward teenage girl with a good size of friends and just a pretty face that every now and then would catch a boys attention. She wasn’t exactly shy, although she did have the impression of it. No, she was a carefree, exhilarating person that just seemed to embody youth and tried to make the best of situations. She wasn’t exactly athletic either, yet she had this type of charm that could easily make any guy fall for her (not to mention the heavenly locks placed upon her crown).

He, on the other hand, was Mr.Popular with an amount of friends that not even a caravan could. Most of all, he seemed to get every girls attention at school. Yes, almost any girl and every girl could fall for him. And why wouldn’t they? He was tall, handsome, and very athletic. Not only that but he was quite a flirt when it came to talking with girls.

Yet, he was a heartbreaker, every girl that would confess their feelings towards him would utterly be ashamed as he replied with a simple “No” and would make an excuse saying he would be in love with some other girl in “another school.” Not to mention that, but he was stubborn and hot tempered. He never did actually like anyone, he just toyed with people’s emotions. But, every now and then he would actually have a girlfriend. He wouldn’t exactly have an attraction towards them but in his mind they would “do just fine.”

Yet, little did he know that he actually would fall in love.

They met Sophomore year in High School through mutual friends and they just seemed to awkwardly take a notice with each other. Their plans with their friends would always overlap, causing them to meet multiple times until one of them actually started to try and talk to them. They soon talked more and more each day, which then lead to IMing each other, then video chatting, late night phone conversations, and then pretty soon constant texts throughout the day.

They weren’t exactly trying to become an item, no. Why would they? She had quite a line of boys that were waiting for her and besides, he had a girlfriend. They soon started to tell eachother everything and they became best friends.

“I mean, I don’t know he’s a nice guy and all but I don’t know what to say,”she told him.

“Easy,tell him no.”

“It’s not that easy Brandon, I’m not a heartbreaker like you.”

“Look all I’m saying is, if you don’t like him just break his heart like a twig, it will be the best for the both of you.”

“Brandon!” she practically yelled. He chuckled. He loved it when she scolded him, he found it absolutely adorable. ”Besides, I didn’t say that I didn’t like him, it’s just that I don’t know what to say.”

“Oh,” was all he could say. He didn’t like the idea of her going out with a guy she didn’t like. He didn’t like the idea of her going out with any guy.

“Ughh, anyways how’s Danielle, oh wait let me guess, you guys are over?”

“Correct, and hopefully she is out of my life forever and decides to avoid me as much as possible.”

“Yeah yeah whatever, it’s getting pretty late, I’ll text you in the morning,”she said,”Goodnight Brandon.”

“‘Night Annalycia.”

As he hung up, he stared at her contact on his phone. Her picture was of her with blue whiskers and nose smiling at the camera. He smiled. The little features that she possessed were enough to make any guy crazy about her. Everything action she did was adorable. She was adorable.

He had no idea this would happen. Soon, she was all he could dream about at night, and all he could think about at day. He thought his feelings for her would soon go away after this “thing” between her and that guy actually turned into a relationship. Yet, his feelings for her only grew and he started to miss her more and more. Their communication became almost non existent, considering the fact that she always spent time with her boyfriend. Then, one rainy day he heard heavy pounding on his front door.

He opened the door which revealed a sobbing maiden wearing an oversized sweatshirt that reached mid-thigh, completely drenched from head to toe from the rain. Without a second passing he pulled her inside and hugged her freezing body. He quickly led her to his living room and sat her down on the couch.

“Annalycia! Are you okay? What happened?” he asked.

“H-he... I-I..,”she tried to speak, yet she couldn’t finish a sentence. All she could do was sit and tremble.

“Wait here,”he said getting up and running to the bathroom to get her a towel. When he returned he wrapped the towel around her and held her in his arms.

“I-I s-s-saw him w-with another girl they w-were kissing,”she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. He?, he thought, she must be talking about her boyfriend, that idiot. He held her tighter as she buried her face into his chest.

“Shhh,”he said, as she continued to sob,”It’s okay I’m here.”

“It’s just.... I can’t believe he would do that to me,” she murmured against his chest.

“Whatever, it doesn't matter, either way I’m gonna kick his ass when I see him,”he said half-jokingly. He was somewhat serious about beating him up, he’d never seen her so.. so broken.

She giggled and looked up at him. “Please don’t,” she said, somewhat smiling,”I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Why, he doesn't seem so tough?” he disputed, wiping the tears from her eyes.

“Brandon, he’s the captain of the wrestling team.”

He looked at her completely baffled and lightly squeezed her arm. She giggled again and rested her head against his shoulder. They talked for quite awhile. Every now and then she would mention the memories she had with that boyfriend of hers, and she would end up crying again. He would hug her tighter and at least try and comfort her. This went on for an hour or so, until she had fallen asleep in his arms. He proceeded to pick her up bridal style, and carried her up to his room. She set her down lightly on the bed, and carefully folded the sheets over her body. He looked at her and smiled, she looked so innocent and peaceful.

He gently swept a strand of her hair out of face and leaned down to kissed her on the forehead. “Goodnight,”he whispered as he quickly got up. As he turned to leave, he felt something suddenly grab his hand.

“Stay,”she murmured.

He looked at her in awe and complied to her orders. He slipped underneath the covers with her and she rested her head on his chest as she wrapped her arms around his torso. He smiled and held her, knowing that she was still cold from the rain. Then, he told her. He didn’t mean to tell her, they just seemed to slip out of him.

“I love you,” he quietly whispered. He looked down to see her response, yet to his disappointment, he found her already asleep. He looked up at the ceiling in dismay, and he too slowly fell asleep.

When he woke up, he saw her hovering on top of him and smiling. He smiled back. “Goodmorning,”he said.

She didn’t answer. Instead, she leaned into his ear and whispered,”I love you too.”