Chapter 5: Don't Hold Your Breath

Zacznij od początku

"Okay. My name is Marley Danvers. You are my sister Lexie Danvers. We are from planet Earth and we decided to agree the offer of an alien to visit planet Euphorix with a teleportation gate five years ago, but the portal got damaged and we got lost in the galaxy and now we are stranded on Daxam looking for a way to go back to Earth. You are a doctor on Daxam and I will become a waitress. You happy now?"

"No. who are our parents?"

"Jeremiah and Eliza Danvers. "

"How old are we?"

"I'm 25 you're 28."

"Where did you live?"

"On planet Earth."

"What city?"

"Midvale."

"What did you do on Earth?"

"I was studying journalism."

"What did I do?"

"You were studying to become a doctor."

"How did we come to Daxam?"

"After a few days on planet Euphorix, a travelers accepted to take us back to his planet, Durlan. Then we hitch hiked a few times with different people, but no one went in Earth's direction and finally we have been stranded here on Daxam and we hope to find a way to go back to Earth."

"How long have you been on Daxam?"

"About two years. I was in another city, but I'm coming to Telos to be with you."

"What do you do on Daxam?"

"I work in a bar."

"Good."

"Are we done?"

"For now."

Alex sneered at her, turning to check over the monitors and make sure everything was alright. Kara huffed and tried to free her mind, but not letting it go back to her sad and rather cold goodbyes.

They had 12 more hours to get to Daxam. Alex made Kara sleep a few hours and then they were both back in their chairs an hour before the anticipated landing. Alex seemed more relax than Kara, neither talking for long minutes.

Kara and Alex were both wearing Daxmite dark colored clothes. Dark tight pants and black old heavy boots with lace. Daxam was covered with deserts in most parts, with sand everywhere. Alex was wearing dark top and a dark leather jacket – her usual style, all black – while Kara was wearing a simple dark blue long sleeve shirt without any buttons and her dark red jacket was laying somewhere else. Kara was already sweating, looking at Alex's clothes one more time, she wondered how can Alex pass as a doctor in this outfit?

They hadn't brought any Kryptonian clothing with them, never taking the risk of someone finding them by accident. Kara was going over the mission once more in her mind, when Alex broke the silence.

"Okay there's something I need to tell you, and it's very important that you listen."

Kara was alarmed. What was so important that Alex had to break it to her just before they were about to land and not in all those briefings? She just nodded nervously, waiting for her to continue.

"As you know, Daxam is crawling with crime and slave abuse and all the awful things you've seen in the holograms, but what you're about to get into is very different up close and since I know you better than anyone, I know you're gonna get upset and you will want to react. But you need to keep your emotions in check Kara. You hear me? You will not get angry!"

She punctuated each of her last words like she was hammering them into Kara's brain and she held her stare with blazing ferocity. Kara forgot to breathe for a moment then she nodded again, gripping the chair belts that held her shoulders, but Alex seemed far from convinced.