18| the cave

september 6th, 1989

"richard, edward! wake up, you guys can't be late for your first day of school!"

mrs. tozier quietly cracked open the door to richie's room, smiling sweetly when she saw eddie's head in the crook of richie's neck, and richie's right arm securely around eddie's waist, and his left arm in eddie's hair.

"boys, you have to wake up!" she called.

eddie groaned and yawned, crawling out of bed, then pushing richie off of his bed. he chortled as four-eyes fell onto the floor with a thump.

"agh! eds, what the fuck!"

"richie, it's the first day of school, we can't be late!" eddie squealed, excitedly, brushing his teeth. richie smiled at how adorable eddie was when he was excited, and happy. his happiness was contagious, making richie happy. "okay," richie laughed, "calm your tits, dipshit."

both boys changed out of their pajamas, rushed down the stairs, and chowed down their eggos.

"bye, mom! bye, dad!" they both said, smiling at each other.

"bye, have a good day at school!" said the tozier couple.

"they're so cute together, aren't they?"

mrs. tozier nodded in agreement with her husband, and leaned her head on mr. tozier's shoulder.

⭐️

"after you, milady!" richie patted the backseat of his bike. and the puny boy rolled his eyes and sat on it, wrapping his arms around richie's torso for support. "to school we go!" and eddie laughed at his fake British accent, as richie rode his bicycle down the familiar path to school.

but henry bowers and his friends, patrick and belch, saw them riding to school and blocked their path.

"well, well, well, if it isn't the gayboy and his faggoty boyfriend."

eddie was terrified, he didn't want to lose richie again. he took a puff of his inhaler and said, "g-go away, bowers."

"or what, wheezy?"

"don't call him that, pig fucker!" yelled an angry richie, clenching his fists.

"why the fuck would you call me a pig fucker?"

"because you fuck pigs." (a/n if you watched the South Park movie you get the reference lmao)

"step away from those kids." a man appeared, out of the bushes. his hair was pure white and his eyes were deep cerulean. it was dr. green.

"what the fuck are you?" henry yelled, trying to intimidate the calm snow-haired man.

"if you must know, i'm dr. harold green, and i may be a doctor, and i may wear a shitty labcoat, but i sure can kick ass." and dr. green punched bowers in the face, kicked belch and patrick in the balls and though they kept fighting him, the calm doctor resisted, kicking and punching, until they backed out. the doctor that saved richie's life, saved him again. "dr. green!" the two boys hopped off the bicycle, to give dr. green a hug. "you've saved us." eddie said. "i know. now you two lovebirds better hurry on to school, before you're late. you hear me?" both boys nodded, hopping back on richie's bike, and richie pedaled them to their destination.

-

richie and eddie finally arrived at school. thankfully they weren't late; they were actually 2 minutes early. the young couple noticed the losers club, not including mike, since he was homeschooled, in the yard of the school.

"richie, eddie, you guys made it!" ben smiled, leaning his head on bev's shoulder. richie parked his bike and escorted eddie to the losers, holding his little love by the waist.

"what's up motherfuckers!?"

"richie, shut your trashmouth!" eddie scolded lovingly.

"t-that's s-so cute." bill beamed.

"are you guys a thing now?" said bev, her eyes glistening in curiosity.

"fuck, yeah, we are!" richie grinned at his small lover, and eddie smiled, making richie melt. he kissed him passionately, and the punier boy held onto the tall trashmouth's face.

"aaaaawww!" the whole loser's club gawked at them. "richie definitely tops." the smart remark came from none other than stan.

"s-stan, that's none of your beeswax!" tomato-faced eddie stuttered. and richie said, "he's not wrong," and watched eddie's face swell cherry red.

the rest of school was a bore, for all the losers, besides lunch, when they all got to talk. this was how school was for the rest of the year.

but richie and eddie were always together. they would never get tired of each other, no matter what. they would die for one another, and if one was hurt, they both were hurt. nothing was ever going to keep them apart.