Christmas!

All of the students were here enjoying themselves in the celebration, their families were here as well, you watched contently how your family and friends were chatting and getting along with each other; music, laughter and chatter was in the air, everything looked perfect.

Well... almost, you tried to avoid the scenes some couples had when they were under the mistletoe in a corner of the gym, geez, public affection really affected you.

You were outside in the garden of the school feeling kind of relief to get fresh air, a little guilty that you had to reject Kentin's offer in going under the mistletoe; singing you took out your phone and stare at the picture of you two together, smiling at the camera while he was holding up a mistletoe above you both, you wanted to take that chance as an excuse to kiss him but you backed into that idea "I couldn't just do that" You say to yourself -"Everyone knows that he's into boys... but my stubborn heart keeps beating for him"-

-"Y/N?"- Alexy's voice called out for you.

-"Alexy!"- You exclaimed surprised while turning around to look at him.

-"H-how long have you been there?"- You asked afraid he might have heard you.

Tilting his head gently to the side he kept looking at you -"Not to long, why aren't you in the party with the others?"-

-"Oh I just needed some fresh air..."- You answered, remembering what you did to poor Kentin back inside making you feel guilty again.

-"Really? Kentin seemed upset though, did something happened?"- He asked

{Wait, he was watching us?}

You asked to yourself before looking at him -"Ah, well... I just... kind of... rejected him"- You answered while looking down at the ground.

-"Why so? I thought you two liked eachother"- He looked confuse now.

"I do like him but... not in that way... you see... I like someone else" You said softly before starting to regret it.

"Oh? And who that might be?" He asked now feeling curious while sitting close to you.

"I can't tell you though" You answered while fiddling with your fingers sheepishly.

"Eh? Why not? Am I not your best friend? You know you can tell me anything" He continued while placing his arm around your shoulders.

-"I know but..."- Not finishing your sentence you just covered your already blushing face with your hands -"I just rather keep it to myself"-

"I see, alright, I won't force you" Gently rubbing your back he smiled softly at you.

Maybe one day you will tell him... not today though, is Christmas and you don't feel like being rejected by someone right now.