~Chapter 20~ Finally Together

Start from the beginning

I woke up when I heard continuous knock on my door. I cringed my nose and stretched my arms.

"Nandu...." I heard a feminine voice from outside and I instantly knew who she was.

Getting up from the bed, I opened the door and found her standing there.

"Navya..."

"Why were you not opening the door?" She asked coming in. I sighed and said "I was asleep." I sat on the bed and covered my face in my palms.

"I am... tired..." I spoke. I felt someone sitting beside me.

"I know... how's uncle?" She asked. I looked at her and shook my head "he is not talking with me."

She sighed and looked at me "It's okay Nandu... give him some time. He'll come around." I nodded and looked at her.

She smiled brightly while I just passed her a fake smile.

"Don't fake it..." She said and hugged me sideways.

A genuine smile spread on my lips.

"no come on... I am starving to death..." She said dramatically. I smiled a bit more and nodded.

We both walked out and saw Papa sitting in front of television changing channels. Navya looked at me, and I kept looking at Papa. His eyes turned to me and stayed at me for Nano second and turned his gaze towards the television again.

"Nandini...." I heard a manly voice from front. I turned my gaze and saw Cabir standing there. He smiled and opened his arms. Without any more doubt, I crashed in his arms. My eyes started flowing water.

"Shh... Nandu... everything will be fine." He whispered and patted my head. I nodded and broke the hug. He wiped my tears and gestured me to smile. I faked the smile and we all moved to the dining table.

Mom served me some food and I looked up with teary eyes. From the look on her face, I could make out that she is caged between me and my father's fight. I can feel her pain; she wants to be with me but she cannot do anything against her husband's will.

She gestured me to eat and I ate in silence.

"Let's eat... Vishal" I heard my mom talking to my father. But he never stood up and kept sitting there.

I couldn't eat more. I stood up and walked towards my father. Sitting beside him I looked at him. He didn't acknowledge my presence but unlike before he kept sitting there ignoring me.

"papa...." I called him, and I could feel his hand tightening around the remote control.

"Papa... talk to me...." I said again in a calm tone controlling all my emotions to hug him until he melts down.

"Papa... you know your princess can't do anything wrong." I told him and he stood up again.

This time I stopped him coming in front of him. I sat on my knee in front of him crying. Even if I have to beg in front of him, I will. He is my father and he has every right to be angry on me.

Joining my hands, I looked up "papa please. I love him Papa... You know I love him and I love you too. I can't see you hating him. He is not bad. He is good. He loves me. Please... Please..." I begged and cried while I could feel my mom controlling her cries in her scarf.

"Papa... look at Mom. She is trapped between us. Between her daughter and her husband. Please Papa... Just give me one chance to explain myself. Give me one chance to explain what I have for him... Please..." I cried in front of him.