A Bizarre evening

Eliza was reclining in a chair, her mind drifting away from her as her eyes felt heavier and heavier. Around her she could hear all the hustle and bustle that the season of Christmas brought with it. Decorations strewn up across the walls, large pine trees being erected in any space that was deemed large enough to accommodate one. The shine of ornaments adorning said trees giving each one its own unique feel. Reds, greens, blues, golds, even a few less than traditional ones. And above the tinsel and items and fairy lights stood a great yellow star, 5 points each one symmetrical to the other, acting as a beacon of interest, drawing any wandering eyes towards it. Eliza yawned quietly, rubbing her eyes in an attempt to remain awake. Since she was such a perfectionist she'd painstakingly organised everything herself. She'd even triple checked the napkins to make sure they were all neat and identical (much to her dismay of course one of them was creased). The fruits of her laborious hours of planning were thankfully plain to see. The room was dripping with festive cheer, even if she didn't give off much of it herself. But hey, she'd always been a Christmas kind of person anyway.

Paola and Angelica were still in the kitchen attempting to finish all of the food preparations, the only job Joseph and Eliza had allowed them to do. Paola (or Hanji to her contacts outside of a select few) may've been an incredibly skilled stand user, but cooking was never really her forte. Much the same can be said about Angelica (or Angel to her friends) the 'only' bastard child of Joseph Joestar. She'd never been the best chef. She'd boast about her delicious cookies which to her credit were delicious (according to her mother at least) but when it came to cooking the turkey or roast potatoes...or really anything else she was hardly Gordon Ramsay. But at least she had her yummy cookies.

Both girls were adorned in very holiday appropriate outfits. Paola sporting a red Christmas jumper (sweater) with yellow hearts going down her sleeves. On her chest there stood a dark green Christmas tree with green hearts going across down diagonally across it. On top of the tree was a yellow star (much like her birthmark). Complimenting this she wore a pair of black jeans, snowman socks and a candy cane headband. Angelica wore similarly themed attire, a white jumper with a snowman on the front (complete with black hat eyes and mouth, and carrot nose and a skirt which also adorned the candy cane red and white) on her head she wore a pair of reindeer antlers, with a small red ribbon in the middle of them. Both girls managed to pull the turkey out of the oven, a look of panic etched onto both of their faces before giving way to one of relief as they safely put it onto the oven top.

'Angelica darling' Paola asked 'why exactly did your dad leave us in charge of the food, despite the multiple and I mean multiple protests we made?'

A look of mild annoyance on her face. Angel giggled a little nervously and shrugged her shoulders, smelling the delicious aromas the food was giving off

'Well...I mean he trusts us both so much that obviously he knew we were the right people for the job. Besides nothing's gone wrong yet has it?'

Angelica finished, pointing dramatically at the turkey, a smile lighting up her face. As Paola went to retort a smile broke her stern demeanour, before it gave way to a little laugh

'Well if you say so Angel, he is your father after all' she shrugged and smiled 'now let's get onto plating this stuff up, we don't wanna keep everyone waiting'. Angel nodded as the duo started their final prep work before the meal could start.

Joseph Joestar stood in the mirror, shaking his head at what he'd just seen in a present sent to him by Holy Kujoh, his daughter who currently lived in Japan. It was a simple box that contained a letter and a jumper. Joseph first picked up the letter, rubbing his eyes for a second before opening the letter

Dear Dad:

Hello dad, it's me Holy. I just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas since I won't be able to see you this year. I know you're a little upset and so am I; I just love seeing you every time you visit, you always make me so happy, I just wanna cuddle you and hold onto you forever. But since I can't do that I went for the next best thing, a Christmas sweater I made all by myself! I'm pretty sure I got all your measurements just right, although if they're not I'm sure they're pretty close. Jotaro's doing fine if you were wondering, he's really good in school and so polite, I just love him to death. I can't wait for you to see each other, you look so alike hehe.

Sorry dad I'm rambling right now I'm just so happy to be writing to you. I hope you enjoy the sweater, please tell Mum I said hi. Jotaro and myself wish you a very merry Christmas.

Love Holy Kujo

Joseph was forced to breathe out a little, his gloved hand wiping his eyes again in an effort to hold his tears back. He pulled the jumper out and couldn't help but chuckle. It was a grey sweater with purple vines on the front spelling out 'Merry X-Mas', and on the back the message 'Number 1 dad' being spelled. After re-reading the letter and trying on the jumper (a perfect fit over his very muscular torso) Joseph let a few tears escape his already watery eyes. He quietly whispered thank you before exiting his room, strolling toward the dining room, proudly wearing his newest gift.

Eliza had indeed drifted off, her Santa hat almost falling into her lap as her head hung low into her chest. A gentle hand on her shoulder was enough to wake her up. Her glance drifted upward as a yawn escaped her lips. She smiled warmly as she saw Joseph's neatly trimmed beard looking back at her. She stretched her legs and arms out, trying to wake up as she did so.

' Joseph how long was I asleep for?', Eliza forced out before another yawn overpowered her 'I really hope it wasn't too long, because that'd be really embarrassing and I'd hate for that to be the case...' she paused for a second a subtle giggle escaped her lips 'nice jumper'.

Joseph simply took his hand off Eliza's shoulder and held her hand, effortlessly pulling her out of the chair. He carefully pushed a few loose strands of golden blonde hair out of her face before answering her question

'Around an hour if I had to guess Elizabeth, you haven't missed anything important, just Angel and umm...the other blonde girl in the kitchen finishing up the food. Besides it's not exactly easy to organise an entire mansions worth of decorating so I think you deserved a rest. But sleep times over, you and me are heading to the dining table.' As Eliza and Joseph started to walk he stopped her in her tracks and looked at her, a look of concern across his face.

'Elizabeth...I need to ask you something very important, what you say could change everything...' Joseph looked quite stern as he spoke. Eliza looked more confused at Joseph and cocked her head to the side.

'How does the sweater look? Holy made it for me and I really like it but I want a second opinion on it, just to make sure that my beautiful Holy didn't waste her time'

Eliza sighed and shook her head 'It's fine Joseph it looks good, I like it. You're worrying over something as silly as that?'

Joseph laughed a little and nodded 'haha of course I should have never worried. I have full faith in my Holy; she'd never make something bad.'

'Exactly...now come on we don't want to be late now do we' Eliza said, looking at Joseph in a way not dissimilar to how he looked at her earlier. As she grabbed his hand and whispered 'Muda' under her breath the duo walked out of the room, heading toward the grand dining table and hopefully an amazing dinner.

r