sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 42: ғɪsʜ

Start from the beginning

"yeah that's what your boyfriend says too. look I don't give a fuck if you did or didn't, one thing I don't ask my clients is if they did it or not. I just need you to be completely honest with me—besides when it comes to that—so I'm not blindsided in court by new information, got it?"

I nodded my head.

"good. now let's start with the evidence. your fingerprints are on the knife, how can you explain that?"

"I live there and it's one of my knives, my fingerprints will obviously be there"

"okay let's forget about what makes you look guilty, what proof do you have that you're innocent?" He asked

I began to think then I remembered what Detective Bierce mentioned earlier.

"they said the camera footage on my floor shows me going into the apartment and later on Taye followed me in there, but when I walked in he was already dead on the floor"

"yeah I did see that...what else?"

"uhh my debit card. I used it to pay for the taxi home. it'll show around what time I got there, you can see if it matches the timestamp on the camera footage that shows him walking in after me"

"good that works. now what evidence can be used against you that has nothing to do with the murder?"

"he raped me. he drugged and raped me. when I found out about it he ended up going to the cops and tried to get a restraining order against me. he told them I'm the one that raped him. of course they had no reliable evidence or else I would've been charged by now" I explained

"yeah that's gonna be an issue. you have any proof he raped you?" He asked

"he recorded it and sent it to me. that alone proves that he raped me, the fact that he sent it to me right?"

"depends. what's on the video?"

"the one he sent was him giving me head. but apparently there's another one, one which showed the whole thing. I haven't seen it but I bet that can prove he raped me. I mean he had a whole person film us"

"okay I'm gonna check up on the camera footage situation, in the meantime just hang in there. I'm gonna get you out as soon as possible" He said while standing up

I nodded my head but didn't let that get my hopes up. I know there's only so much he can do, the evidence literally points to me. If I was the judge or was on the jury I'd think I'm guilty too.

"oh and by the way someone's here to see you" He winked before going to knock the on door

The guard opened it letting him walk out then came over to me.

"guess you've got people who care about you. you have a visitor" He said while handcuffing me

I stayed quiet as he got me up and led me out of the room. we walked through the building to the other wing and came to a room with a wall of booth's I guess. there were only two other prisoners here, out of the 10 booths or so that were available.

"you've got 15 minutes" The guard said while unlocking the cuffs

I took the time as an opportunity to get his name. Rivera his name tag read.