sᴛʀɪᴄᴛʟʏ ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴜʀᴇ | 40: ɪᴛ ʙᴇɢɪɴs

Start from the beginning

"aight I'm ready" Emerson said while walking down with his suitcase

I wiped my hands dry then went to go get my suitcase. I guess it's time to finally leave this place, this time it'll be more easier to leave than when I first left for college.

"make sure you didn't forget anything" Emerson said

I checked my pocket for my phone, wallet and headphones, basically the necessities. As long as I have those I'm good.

"let's go"

—•—

It's been 4 hours since we arrived at the airport and we've been patiently waiting for our flight to be called. First there was an issue with the plane, then they announced that because of weather conditions the flight would be delayed a couple of hours.

That made no sense to me because when I checked the weather app, in NYC it was sunny and 72°. and over here's it's hot as shit with a high of 91°. Emerson said maybe they were talking about the states in between that we'd have to fly over but I don't believe that.

So now we're sitting here bored with nothing to do. We were supposed to arrive by now, but we haven't even boarded yet. and because we're already checked in and passed through all the customs and metal detectors we can't really leave.

The airline did provide us all with free food though which was good but not enough. I want a free ticket to anywhere of my choosing with a return flight as well.

I reached over to pull on another one of Emerson's dreads out of boredom but he quickly smacked my hand away.

"stop...one already came out" He said while staring at his phone

I remember that day. we were doing what we do best...you know...and as I was tugging on his hair one of his dreads from the front loosened and just fell off as if it was never attached. I didn't even know that was possible since it's all his real hair.

"I told you to go buy extensions and I would fix it for you but you were all like 'nah I don't want fake dreads'"

"it wouldn't look right, all my hair being natural then that one that is different, plus it's right in the front so it's not hard to see"

"well right there is your problem. you should only be worried about your opinion of yourself, and sometimes mine"

"shut the fuck up" He laughed

"Attention passengers of flight DL 3473 to New York City, boarding will begin in approximately 1 hour and 45 minute. please be patient as we are trying our best to ensure everything runs smoothly during the trip. if you have any questions or concerns you may go to the help desk. other than that thank you for your patience"

"what is taking so long I don't understand? it's like they're stalling"

"I needa piss I'll be right back" Emerson said standing up

I just wanna go home.

—•—

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Laguardia airport. Local time is 12:39am and the temperature is 48°