Hangover (Jacob Frye x Rook Reader)

Start from the beginning

'Don't get too drunk'
Pretty simplistic instructions at the time and easy to follow... Evie's gonna be so pissed with the both of you.
You normally don't allow yourself to get drunk, but Jacob was just as stubborn as you and you both needed to win the drinking competition. Before you knew it, you couldn't see straight, the room was spinning and you ended up in a secluded corner, music and noise from the Rooks filling your ears as you sit straddled on Jacob's lap, his hands at the base of your back, holding you close.
You've nabbed his top hat too, wearing it with a slight tip back, smirking down at him as you sit up straight and proud.

"How do I look?" You sing, making him grin.

"Fancy."

"I see why you like this thing... I can be posh and respective, or mysterious and... assassin." You slur, trying to connect words as you tip it forward just enough to cover your eyes with the rim.

"You should wear it more often, (Y/N)." He purrs, making you shudder.

"It's not 'lady-like'." You pout. "Not proper."

"Neither is downing that much beer and brawling, but you still do it with extraordinary skill and excellent taste." He grins making you laugh and hold out your hands in a presentation.

"I try."

"You've still got some froth on your lip, love." He grins, the smell of beer enticing, rather than overpowering and repulsive. You poke your tongue out and wipe away some of the froth on your top lip.

"Gone?" You hum, hands resting on his broad shoulders.

"No... here." He smirks, hands cupping the side of your face and gently pulling you forward, close to him, until your lips touch, making your eyes go wide before you're responding, leaning into him as his hands slide down your back and rest on your arse. You taste a new flood of beer, the yeast mixing with the bitterness already in your mouth.

"Smooth." You hum with appreciation as you pull away.

"What can I say?" He grins, leaning in for another.

——————————

"(Y/N), tea." Evie calls softly, the clanking of a China cup against its saucer and spoon accompanying her words.

"Mm, five more minutes." You sigh, nuzzling into the warmth below you, the sheets pulled up to just below your shoulders. There's a silence that follows, where you almost allow yourself to slip into sleep's sweet embrace again before you start to realise something's off. Under your head doesn't feel like sheets or a pillow and it's moving, only subtly but it's definitely rising and falling, the echoing thump of a heartbeat playing into your ear, before a chuckle vibrates through.

"(Y/N), I think it's time to get up, we might be in a spot of trouble with dear sister of mine." Jacob's voice wakes you, hands carding through your hair as you open your eyes. You sit bolt upright, making the assassin groan as you press on his stomach by accident, eyes scanning around the train, London's scenery passing you by as it glides along the tracks. Then you notice exactly where you are.
Currently, you're on the couch, with Jacob, who is topless and you've stripped down to your very minimum and basic wears, where you can only assume the pair of you decided to settle down for the night after a heated make out by the scratches on his torso and the hickeys littering your neck and collar bones.

"Oh god." You groan, clutching your head as the hangover hits you.

"You think it's bad now, Evie is only being nice until you're properly awake... she probably has hell set up for us." He chuckles, a sense of awkwardness taking over his tone.