Chapter 33: Oblivious

Start from the beginning

Or perhaps Joe is just wrong? I think to myself as I leave the Subs' room. Perhaps Daddy just likes to call his Sub Baby from now on because he discovers he likes the Baby/Daddy kink, but it has nothing to do with me. Yes, Joe must have misinterpreted, that's all. There's no way Daddy is in love with me, I would have realized it before! I go outside and walk twice around the block to clear my head, but the more I think about it, the more obvious it is in my head: Joe is just wrong.

Once I've cooled off, I go to Daddy's office to join him and his friends for dinner. I'll pay close attention to his reactions, but I'm convinced this infatuation is just in Joe's head. William and Tanner are already there. Ethan usually doesn't come on Thursday nights, and since things are still a bit tense between him and Daddy, I avoid the dinners with the Doms when he's here. At least he let Keith have his meal in the Subs' room with the guys last week before and we've been able to talk more.

The Sub seems to have had a hard time adjusting to his Master's strictness and complained he spent most of his time being punished and wasn't able to see his old friends anymore. As much as I don't like Ethan's uptight side, I still tried to reason with Keith: his Dom is trying to help him as best he can. I wasn't there when the bad boy was acting up, but I've heard enough to get the idea that he seriously needed some control in his life.

I tried to cheer him up with my best crazy self, but it brought little success. It's true I'm only half-convinced myself with those relationships where the Dom requires permanent control and obedience from his Sub. Even when I mentioned the sex, he mumbled it was often great in the playroom but that his Master asked for way too many blowjobs. I'm not sure their relationship is going to exceed the six-month contract they've signed. It could even be less than that since Keith can always walk out if he really wants to. But again, since he didn't do it already, I think he knows what's good for him deep down, so he could surprise me. Perhaps he just needed to vent some frustration with other Subs, which is kind of the point of spending some time in the Subs' room!

Back to Daddy's office, I'm adamant Joe has it all wrong when I step inside. Daddy greets me with a warm smile like he always does. But that doesn't mean anything! He's my Daddy, after all, some kind of big brother that cares about me!

Pay close attention!

Shit! If I'm being honest, this is more of a the-sun-walked-in-the-room smile than a yay-my-friend-is here smile. His whole face lights up, radiating affection. It's the way a lover behaves when his sweetheart enters the room, not the way a big brother does.

Or perhaps this is just in my head?

The topic of dinner quickly goes to the threesome I enjoyed last Saturday. I haven't seen Daddy's friends since then and they are a bit curious since Alexander is known for his reluctance to share his Sub. As I answer their questions, I peek at Daddy to see if he gives any kind of reaction, but it looks like he couldn't care less.

Pay close attention!

Shit! Shit! Shit! I can't believe I never noticed before how good an actor he is. He's just faking disinterest but the way his lips close in a thin line, the vein in his temple throbs, or his shoulders tense, or his fist contracts tell me he's just pretending, and in truth, he's angry beyond words.

Or perhaps this is just in my head? Well, there's only one way to know for sure.

"I don't have any Dom for tonight," I pout seductively.

The anger on Daddy's face quickly morphs into horror then jealousy before he composes his face again. In my defense, he's fairly good at hiding his emotions.

"Well, I wouldn't mind solving this little problem of yours, Pretty Boy," William purrs, one of his feet caressing my leg under the table.

Again I see the turmoil of emotions that assaults Daddy at these words before his expression goes back to normal. He looks at me, faking bored curiosity but I can see in his eyes the silent plea to refuse his friend offer.