Chapter 34: Don't Need a House Fire

Start from the beginning

((It looks like dis. Mucho gusto))

She handed me the mirror and I looked at it. "Wow." I said as I smiled to her. "It looks really great thank you."

"You're welcome." She said as I took the towel off of me and felt my hair running my fingers through it. "Hey if you find Ron out there please tell him to come home." She said as I nodded.

"I'll tell him." I said with a small smile before walking out. I headed to the house to find Carl again. He was holding Judith.

I walked over to him with a smile. "Hey. Did you find him?" I asked as I looked at Judith.

"I saw him running in from outside. He looked pissed. I didn't want to ask." He told me as I nodded. "What ya think?" I asked as I put my fingers through my hair.

"It looks good." He smiled.

"What about you? Are you gonna get one?" I asked turning my head lightly.

"I like it long." He shrugged lightly. "I think it looks better." I nodded lightly. I'd only ever seen it long anyway.

"Okay." I nodded.

The next few days were normal. Oh, except for Rick and Morgan finding the gigantic whole filled with walkers and the walkers were starting to get out.

Note my relevant sarcasm.

The truck keeping them in fell, which meant they all were hearding up. Rick managed to make a plan. They had to rush but they were trying to get them out and from what we knew it was working. There was a flare every once in a while going up to lead them away. Deanna also allowed us to have guns just in case. I kept my pistol in my bag usually which I didn't take around everywhere much anymore, but since the walkers getting loose I decided to keep it on.

Carl and I wanted to help, but we were put on babysitting duty which I wasn't mad about completely. We went out for a walk with her in the stroller, mostly just to make sure the flares went up when they were supposed to.

"Hopefully they finish up soon and get them far enough away." I said looking to him as he pushed the stroller. He was a little taller than me now. I wasn't sure if I was done growing yet but I knew he was gonna get taller.

"Yeah me too." He nodded as we walked and saw Enid with Ron.

"Think he finally broke?" I asked looking to Carl.

"I don't know. Looks like it." He nodded lightly.

"Hey uh Lyla Rose, Carl?" We heard as we saw Gabriel.

Word got out that Gabriel told Deanna our group was bad which was a load of bull shit since we saved his ass before even knowing him.

"What?" Carl asked angrily as I crossed my arms.

"You heard what I told Deanna about your group?" He asked as we looked at him.

"Yeah. Why'd you lie like that?" I asked looking at him.

"What I said was about me, not your group. I realize that now and I wanna help. Carl you tried to teach me before, but now I'm ready." He nodded lightly.