Uno

Aubrieanna
"...no walking around, keep your filthy little hands to yourself, no eating, no drinking. If I so much as hear a creek you will all get detention everyday for the rest of your high school experience." Mr. Carter, the 'disciplinary officer' as he likes to call himself, explains the rules of detention.

"And absolutely on no circumstances should there be any talking." He cringes on the last word.

"Soo," I speak up from my seat in the front of the Library. "basically sit and keep our mouths shut."

He stares at me silently, before completely ignoring what I said, and continuing his rant. My attention is pulled away from the boyband wanna be, surgically 'improved', bad dye job blondie.

My fingers strum against the table in front of me, as my eyes wander the quiet library that has become my second home within the time span of the three years I've been here.

"...you can leave at 4:15. I'm not coming back to get you." Carter scowls, before walking out of the library, and letting the door slam shut behind him. I knew he was my favorite teacher for a reason. I think sarcastically.

"Well isn't he a ray of sunshine. Nice guy." Someone speaks up just as sarcastically as my thoughts, causing a few people to laugh.

"If he's not coming back to get us, that means we can leave without him knowing. Right?"

Two tables in front sat the one and only Sergio Calderon. Star soccer player. He's been voted MVP for the past two years. He turned to look at me, giving me a knowing look.

"Have you ever been in detention before?"

A guy to his right scoffed. He had nearly the same hair style as Sergio and always had peoole surrounding him at lunch as he freestyled. I couldn't remember his name, but he was always getting in trouble.

"Clearly she's never been in detention. The thing about detention darling, is that we're basically locked in from the inside."

"But Mr. Carter-"

"Has the brain the size of a peanut. He left. The door is closed. He's not coming for us. Is the picture being painted yet?"

I slouched lower in my chair. I took out my phone only to find I had no signal. I sighed and placed my phone in my backpack. I can't believe I'm actually in this place stuck with these random people.

                                    []
A/N Heyyyy we're super excited about this story, but we aren't sure how often we'll update. Believe it or not it's a lot harder to consistently update a story you have with four other people. Schedules are different, but we're trying our hardest. Thank you for reading!❤
-KAAAE