Cool Mom

Peter and I sat on the steps and talked for a little bit more, before the both of us decided to get up and start walking around again. As we continued to talk as well and I really like talking to him because his voice is so nice and soft and he's just a really fun and interesting person to talk too.

"What school are you going too by the way?" Peter asks as we walk in the direction toward Mom and I's new apartment. 

"Uh....I believe it's called Midtown School of Science and Technology. And I actually start tomorrow" I say as I remember some of the things that my mom has told me about my new school I'll be starting at tomorrow.

A few of those things being that it's a great school for kids who have a passion for science, like I do and that the school has a really good Debate team as well. I really enjoyed hearing about that because I've always enjoyed doing debates whenever we did them in any of my old classes back in Colorado thanks to me being really good in them. But my old school was stupid and never had a Debate team of its own thanks to budget cuts and other dumb things.

But thanks to my new school having a team, I might just try and join it.

"Are you serious?" Peter asks as he looks at me in both disbelief and excitement.

"Yeah, why?" I ask as I look at Peter and raise an eyebrow.

"I happen to go to there myself" Peter says with a big excited smile.

I look at Peter in shock but while I feel an instant wave of relief wash over me as soon as I hear those words come out of Peter's mouth, because at least now I don't have to worry about not knowing anyone and looking like a lost little kid tomorrow at school when I'll hopefully have Peter to help me out.

"You have no idea how relieved I am to hear that" I say with a big smile.

"You are?" Peter asks as he quickly looks over at me with surprised look.

I look over and smile at Peter as I nod my head. "Yeah, I was afraid that I was going to go the whole day tomorrow looking like an idiot thanks to how lost I was probably going to look. But now thanks to me meeting you and learning that we go to the same school I won't have too."

Peter smiles back at me before he looks down at the ground as I see some blush creeping up on his cheek. I smile at that as Peter and I start to walk in silence, as we occasionally look and smile at each other. It's not awkward or an awkward silence though. It's actually very comfortable and I like it.

"Well..." Peter gives me a faint smile after we walked in silence for a little, as he stops and walks in front of me. Making me stop as well. "This is me" Peter says as he points to the apartment building we're standing next too.

Which happens to be where I live now as well.

I look at Peter with a sort of shocked but mostly excited smile as I point to the apartment building.

"This is me as well" I say, causing Peter's eyes to widen a little in disbelief.

"Are you serious?" Peter says as he smiles at me with an excited smile.

"Yeah, I live on the top floor in apartment 12" I say as I return the smile to Peter.

Peter's smile grows bigger at that as he continues to look at me and extends his hand out to me. "Then welcome to the building, neighbor."

I let out a little chuckle and smile at that as I take hold of Peter's hand and shake it. And of course, I blushed again as soon as I took hold of his hand thanks to how warm and soft his touch really is.

After we shook hands again, Peter and I, along with Daisy, walked into our apartment building and over to the elevator to head up to our floor because Peter happens to live on the top floor as well.