I'm Back !

Last year was crazy, I went through hell and back. If you don't remember let me jog your memory a lil bit. I took bullets got kidnapped, lost my child good friend all for an under cover case. I guess on the bright side i got my beautiful fiancé , a promotion and we just recently moved into our new spot . A 3 bedroom house with more than enough space .

I was unpacking looking at pictures of me and Asia when I felt her grabbing my waist from behind .

"Hey baby " i said kissing her

" hey , you still unpacking ? " she asked

" yeah , just looking at a few pictures. Plus everything in here is glass " I responded

" nah you just slow . I'll do the rest for you baby . " she offered

" good i can watch you from behind ." I said laughing but serious .

" you so nasty " she said kissing me as I sat down on the couch .

I watched as she looked through the boxes and stopped when she pulled a small photo album . It was mines from back in the day when i was in high School . To be honest I didn't want Asia to see what was in there . It was my past . The old me before i knew about homophobia and all the shit that came with this life . There were pictures of me and my best friend in there , letters , flowers , cards and a fake marriage license written in crayon . There were also pictures of me and rich , and a picture of his baby mama the day he proposed , the day he got married , and pictures of him and his wife before he died , all of that stuff .

" ouuu , lets see stroll down memory lane " she said sitting on my lap with the photo album in hand .

" nah asia give it here " i said trying to grab it

" no " she said as she began flipping through it . I sat back and didn't put up a fight but i knew the things in there would make her feel some type of way .

She tossed the book to the floor and ran to the bathroom . I got up and ran behind her but i was too late .

I could hear her crying and sniffing softly in the bathroom .

" Asia open the door ! " I said

" how could i be so stupid ? I protected him and everything we had . " she said

" i know , open the door . " i said

There was a moment of silence for a minute then i watched as she opened the door to the bathroom .

I slowly walked toward her opening my arms embracing her .

" Rae , just leave me alone . " she said pushing away from me and running to the bedroom locking the door behind her .

I threw my hands up in surrender , grabbed my jacket and left . I knew she needed time to process this and i was gonna give her all the time she needed .

Asia ......

I was finally happy , i had been in therapy for all the trauma and past shit and was finally moving on to being happy . I loved Rae and she deserved all of me but seeing the things that i had been denying for so many years being true , hurt! The man i once loved was married to someone other than me and he had been cheating on me as well .

I soon drifted off in thoughts and memories from back in the day .

( beginning of flashback )

" hey ma! " I said running in the house . I was a junior in highschool and that was the day i met rich .

" hey angel , how was school ? " my mama asked preparing dinner .

" it was good . Mama theres this party tonight can i go ? " I asked all in one breath