Chapter Five

Now as yet another one of my lives is coming to an end, I've come to realize just how unfair this world can be.

Life after life, from the time I was just tengu to when I was I knight, to when I was an ordinary man...Ichimatsu rejected me every single time.

In the end, all I wanted was to be loved by someone. But my wish never came true. And was it such a hard wish to be denied countless times?

Love is such a fragile thing, perhaps I was too strong for it. Perhaps my strength to keep living- continued to break the emotion into millions of pieces.

As of now, I have many more lives to live. Until my desires are fulfilled, I will never be allowed to be anyone else.

Even by saying that, through time, it seems as if I've lost a little bit of myself. Though, I'm not even sure what I had to lose in the first place. Scum like me are the lowest of the low. The worst cannot get worse, and yet I have.

No matter how many times I've tried to cease existing, I'm just brought back to this endless cycle. I can't say I've hated it though. Even if I will always be rejected by Ichimatsu, I still manage to love every second of it.

Falling in love with him was the best feeling I ever experienced. And I'll do it again and again until the end of time- until there are no more rejections ahead of me.