The Beginning

It all began when Ivy Beatrice Weasley was born. Every person from Molly Weasley herself to her distant friends believed that she was having twin boys, what no one knew that it was triplets. 

Molly Weasley had just given birth to three beautiful children. With Arthur at her side holding her hand, the healer at St. Mungo's revealed that it was in fact triplets. Molly and Arthur were so happy, expecting two adorable baby boys. Then the healer told them that it was two healthy boys and a baby girl. 

After recovering from the shock of knowing that they had their very first baby girl. Molly Weasley questioned the healer "Why did you not say that the girl is healthy"

The Healer not wishing to look this red-haired mother and father in their eyes look at his feet and said solemnly "We are unsure the girl is going to survive 24 hours, she is very small and weak".

At this point, Molly and Arthur Weasley's eyes teared up and almost began to cry. Then Arthur said, "May we please see our babies." The Healer led them out of their room into the room adjacent. He pointed to two small infant beds saying "One holds your two healthy baby boys and the other holds your small baby girl".

Stepping into an office to converse on the health of the babies. The healer advised the two parents to stay at the hospital with all three of their babies for a week, saying that twins and triplets did better if they were with each other. 

Molly was telling her whole family, who all waiting on the edge of their seats for the news. The family still believed that it was twins. When Molly walked in with tears streaked on her cheeks, she announced that they had triplets. Everyone was jumping around and excited until they looked again at Molly's face, and she told them, two are very healthy, but the third is extremely sick. Molly's brothers who are twins, Fabian and Gideon Prewett, asked about the genders, of course expecting three small baby boys. 

She looked at all of them and said happily "Two boys and one girl"

Everyone's mouth's dropped, not expecting a girl in the Weasley family. Soon after Molly said "But she is the one who is extremely sick and the healers do not think that she will make it 24 hours"

All of the family and friend walked to Mrs. Weasley and gave her a big hug. Molly went into the nursery area to see her darling babies for the first time. Looking into the first infant bed, she was two small boys, with bright blue eyes, both harboring mischevious identical grins on their faces. Molly thought they looked cute and innocent though. 

She walked to the next bed and saw an extremely small infant, connected to many tubes and wiring. She too had a small grin on her face. Mrs. Weasley touched her big toe and suddenly she giggled. Maybe laughter was the answer, Mrs. Weasley looked into her daughter's loving eyes and said: "I will always love you, no matter what".

The very next day, she was doing much better after being placed next to her triplet brothers. The Healers' thought on having her brothers touching her, was working extremely well. The whole family went to see the triplets and names were announced. 

Molly called silence over her family by giving them a look scary enough to make Voldemort run to his mother. 

Holding one of the boys in each arm she said: "This is Frederick Gideon Weasley" While looking at the darling boy in her left arm. She handed Fred to her brother Fabian Prewett. 

Looking at the other baby boy she announced: "This is George Fabian Weasley" Looking at the small boy in her arm she handed him to Gideon Prewett. 

Picking the extremely small and frail looking baby girl with flaming red hair and said proudly, "This is Ivy Beatrice Weasley, the first Weasley girl" Molly just looked at her proudly, looking into her crystal blue eyes. 

All was well. The triplets are going home the next day, all healthy and happy, for now.